more blocks on the way?

My provider as sent emails as of this morning. All UK isp addresses are now all blocked on his server. Only way to access it with a UK isp is now through a VPN. Needed at all times.

Which I did need as he blocked sky as a isp years ago and all sky users needed a VPN

I didn't think all UK ISP's were signed up/forced to block these things. Is that new? Thought it was always just the big 6 or whatever they were.

I didn't think all UK ISP's were signed up/forced to block these things. Is that new? Thought it was always just the big 6 or whatever they were.
It’s always been the big 6 that was part of the order.
Unless there’s been an other order for all isp to block.
Some providers are taking the easy route and just telling end users to use vpn now to try protect there service but most don’t realise they could already have spies on there service ready to cause disruption through there resellers 😆😆

It’s always been the big 6 that was part of the order.
Unless there’s been an other order for all isp to block.
Some providers are taking the easy route and just telling end users to use vpn now to try protect there service but most don’t realise they could already have spies on there service ready to cause disruption through there resellers 😆😆

Thats what I was wondering, if there was something new. Likely, as you say, just to be providers taking an easy route tho!

My provider as sent emails as of this morning. All UK isp addresses are now all blocked on his server. Only way to access it with a UK isp is now through a VPN. Needed at all times.

Which I did need as he blocked sky as a isp years ago and all sky users needed a VPN

This is very concerning, I wonder if us UK based customers are going to be more trouble than we're worth to some iptv providers and they'll refuse to sell their services to us eventually.

Not going to lie your supplier sounds either lazy or useless. Why block an entire country make them pay extra for vpns rather than change the server ips etc.

Not going to lie your supplier sounds either lazy or useless. Why block an entire country make them pay extra for vpns rather than change the server ips etc.
Been good for a long time. He said he's protecting his server. I don't know how it all works.

Been good for a long time. He said he's protecting his server. I don't know how it all works.
That’s not protecting server at all how does he know that he hasn’t got agents already on his books.
He/they have taken an easy route and making end users spend money instead of providers upgrading there infrastructure.

This is very concerning, I wonder if us UK based customers are going to be more trouble than we're worth to some iptv providers and they'll refuse to sell their services to us eventually.
It’s not concerning imo if they don’t want to sell there services eventually then they won’t be able to afford the server and stream bills so they will just fizzle out.
Plenty more out there who would take end users on.

He as no resellers he's always said that. Too much hassle. I don't know for sure. you can only have a service off him with a code from users that have been with him for over two years. Then you get a code to share with a friend it all goes through you they never get to log in like we do. He said it's all to protect the server. Been like this for as long as I can remember

He as no resellers he's always said that. Too much hassle. I don't know for sure. you can only have a service off him with a code from users that have been with him for over two years. Then you get a code to share with a friend it all goes through you they never get to log in like we do. He said it's all to protect the server. Been like this for as long as I can remember
Everyone has resellers, if someone buys 50 subs of him to give to others they are resellers. What he's saying is no matter how much you buy you aren't getting discount lol

Some people are naturally more averse to risk, some not so much. The issue is this blanket approach of a VPN with costing users money and also could limit some who can’t use a VPN.

His ship I suppose so he sails it how he wants!

He’s got to have sellers a single provider isn’t going to be able to afford everything as the service grows the more end users the more servers the more bandwidth the list goes on

I could be wrong here(I don't know the ins and out of how provider servers work) but would it not make more since for the provider to run their server much the same way a debrid server works.

No need for a VPN on a debrid service because once you hit the service your traffic gets routed through their VPN which essentially creates a black box to mask what your watching/doing. The isp can see you've hit the Web address but they can't see what you've accessed on the server.

Again I'm probably missing something but in my head that would get around the need to block a whole country which I don't think can be a solution.

I could be wrong here(I don't know the ins and out of how provider servers work) but would it not make more since for the provider to run their server much the same way a debrid server works.

No need for a VPN on a debrid service because once you hit the service your traffic gets routed through their VPN which essentially creates a black box to mask what your watching/doing. The isp can see you've hit the Web address but they can't see what you've accessed on the server.

Again I'm probably missing something but in my head that would get around the need to block a whole country which I don't think can be a solution.
VPS & proxy, yes decent servers have been doing this for years

Sounds a bit like a back up service I have, tbh they would sell their granny if they could! They try and sell everything else! With sales on every other week.
They are now selling apps for different devices.

Every time I see this thread has been posted on I have a panic attack thinking it might be news that the final nail has been hammered in. Glad to see we've almost got through another weekend without everything going dark.

Seem to be going on about it quite a bit don't they ha. Says they will start stopping more streams after a global meeting in September. Lol 🤣

That's not good news. I thought it'd been eerily quiet on the super blocks front lately, obviously it was the calm before the storm.

Back