HD51 4K Mutant HD51 - Opinions please?

they would have put an attenuator on the router, that's there normal setup. the more you split the feed the more you weaken the signal. Probably best to go with a HDU 400

I've paid around £30-£40 in the past so £44 is a little on the dear side but you might struggle to find them for sale anywhere.

Cap off spare ports yes if your not using them all.
You get 2 spare caps with the device

I think I'm gonna wait before buying booster.
I need to try splitter and the reflashing to openATV6.1....
Got my work cut out - Gonna be busy this weekend that's for sure :/

Hi members,
I've taken the plunge and purchased the 400 model to replace my Splitter.
I've used a new splitter and taken the attenuator off.
No different on the Mutant, but my Xtrend is worse. Not getting anything :/
So, I'm going to put the old splitter back on but still leave the attenuator off.
See if that gives me back my Xtrend at least.
Failing that and it's no different from how it was at the beginning then I'll try the 400 Booster in the hope it'll cure the issues..... Praying infact, as I can't get any of the SkySports HD, some HD movie channels and even some HD entertainment channels.....
I've a feeling this is going to be painful :/

Hi members,
I've taken the plunge and purchased the 400 model to replace my Splitter.
I've used a new splitter and taken the attenuator off.
No different on the Mutant, but my Xtrend is worse. Not getting anything :/
So, I'm going to put the old splitter back on but still leave the attenuator off.
See if that gives me back my Xtrend at least.
Failing that and it's no different from how it was at the beginning then I'll try the 400 Booster in the hope it'll cure the issues..... Praying infact, as I can't get any of the SkySports HD, some HD movie channels and even some HD entertainment channels.....
I've a feeling this is going to be painful :/
From your splitters are you using decent cable ?
Not premade leads bought from the internet ?

She's arrived....
Mains plug is pretty straight forward, VM Cable from front of house to the NET?
Then router cable into no.1 (Both appear linked)
And then the others into any other points with 4 as spare and capped off?
God I hope this works?!
More importantly - Am I right to do this setup?
Thanks in advance :)
Signal Booster.JPG

I'm finding it hard to understand this if I'm honest?!
When VM came to re-install the WIFI he had to fit a 6gb attenuator into the back of the router.
This was because I was getting too much signal.
I've since taken the attenuator off and the wifi is still working fine...?! :confused:
I'm struggling to workout in my small brain why a booster would help, as my signal was already too high apparently..... You would think the splitter I'm using would even out the signal that was supposedly too high and now the attenuator is off my signal should be there or thereabouts....
Pardon my ignorance, as you can tell I'm new to all this :xd: :dying: :dead:

I'm finding it hard to understand this if I'm honest?!
When VM came to re-install the WIFI he had to fit a 6gb attenuator into the back of the router.
This was because I was getting too much signal.
I've since taken the attenuator off and the wifi is still working fine...?! :confused:
I'm struggling to workout in my small brain why a booster would help, as my signal was already too high apparently..... You would think the splitter I'm using would even out the signal that was supposedly too high and now the attenuator is off my signal should be there or thereabouts....
Pardon my ignorance, as you can tell I'm new to all this :xd: :dying: :dead:
The HDU unit provides 4 splits of your cable without degrading the signal quality.

It's not a booster as such

Keep that cap on no.4 then yeah....? Do these boosters get really hot at all do you know what with receiving mains power?
Shouldn't get hot, why is yours ?

It's only low voltage from the transformer you should be using to plug into the mains ?

Back