Mutant

Hi everyone I wanted to know if anyone has any views as to how good the mutant hd51 is for IPTV and box in general thinking of purchasing.

Fantastic value at £169 with 2 tuners of your choice at the moment mate.
Incredibly fast processor too. I haven't tried IPTV on it but I would imagine it would be very good.

It depends what tuners you have.
If you have 2 sat or a combi you'll need 2 feeds.
If you have 2 cable tuners you just need one feed and a short loop cable from RF out to RF in on the other one.

Would be interested on peoples thoughts with the box themselves...

I have a tm nano 2 super box, with the 1300MHz processor. I'd have thought it to be plenty enough for IPTV. However, I still get the odd bit of stuttering here and there. It's not the subscription, as I've tried it on iPad, Android and PC via VLC, and on all those devices works great... Just seems to be the tm that has problems... I suppose it could be the image that could do with a reflash, but I was wanting to upgrade to a better box, and at the current price it seems like a steal...

Since I was looking for an excuse to upgrade anyway thought this would be a great excuse, but just wanted to know whether anyone has had problems with stuttering on another e2 device, but when moving to the hd51 it's worked fine?

Cheers :)

I use this box with 2 Satellite tuners and 2 IPTV subs and it runs like a dream.
I do sometimes get a bit of lag (2-3 seconds of screen freeze whilst the audio catches up) when I put a stream on but I put this down to the stream rather than the box although I don't have anything to compare.
I'd have no problem recommending to anyone.

I set one up for a friend before. Great machine.i had it for a month and really want one now. It's currently running kodi 17.3 previous versions were not that responsive but 17.3 runs a dream with full builds too I was amazed. Then I'd is set up for fta and running iptv through xtream editor pro plugin and have to say my friend said he hasn't noticed the changeover from satellite lol. Just the odd freeze but that's down to Irish broadband lol.

It's possible that "stuttering" is down to cache flush enabled in the plugins? It's worth checking and if enabled, disable, remove and reboot box. Newer modern boxes auto take care of this. Worth a check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have cache-flush installed. But, it made me wonder something... So, I had a 128MB swap file on the box. I deleted that and created a 256MB swap, and it seemed to help stop the stutter. Either that, or just a conicidence tonight. Altho not really watched much to fully say for sure...

It depends what tuners you have.
If you have 2 sat or a combi you'll need 2 feeds.
If you have 2 cable tuners you just need one feed and a short loop cable from RF out to RF in on the other one.

Never used a loop through cable before, gonna have some play time now, What type of cable? WF100?

Back