New box guidance

noddyrams

Hi, firstly apologies if this is not the correct place for this post and if I’ve missed another thread elsewhere but I am after some advice on what sat box to purchase.

I have listed below what I am wanting from my box if possible:

Runs openvix - so over the air updates
Dual tuner to record FTA sat channels
Ability to add IPTV, and record if possible?
Run Kodi
Run Plex
Sly skin
Internal hard drive

Ok so I’m not sure if this is all possible in one box if not as much as possible would be great. I have already been told the formuler f1 box is very good but worried the support around is very limited?

Thanks for all your advice
Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, firstly apologies if this is not the correct place for this post and if I’ve missed another thread elsewhere but I am after some advice on what sat box to purchase.

Run Kodi
Run Plex
Sly skin
Internal hard drive

Ok so I’m not sure if this is all possible in one box if not as much as possible would be great. I have already been told the formuler f1 box is very good but worried the support around is very limited?

Richard

Octagon SF4008 ticks all of those...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I like the loom and specs of the Formuler F1 , its what I'd buy if getting another box, but don't think it takes internal HDD,
And not sure how well it runs IPTV stuff, which wouldn't matter to me anyway so never checked it out.

Run Kodi
Run Plex
Sly skin
Internal hard drive

Richard

Your cheapest that ticks all these boxes is below I think

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/edision-os-mega-osmega

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks for all the help so far everyone but I’m probably now more confused than ever reading into more detail. So I have a few more questions if people don’t mind helping:

If I want openvix I assume that is enigma 2? And if so is the Kodi option not full Kodi then?

If I get an android based box with a twin sat tuner am i still able to get a nice looking epg (sly skin or similar)? Epg for both th sat channels and the iptv channels?

I also assume an android box just allows a full Kodi download from the playstore?

Currently I have a humax freesat recorder with full on demand and recording/series link options, which free sat box allows me to get as close to a humax as possible?

Reason I am wanting to swap is my humax has broke, so thinking I should replace with an all in one box if I have to invest. But from what I read I may just be better with a cheap android box for Kodi and iptv? Then just go with a humax box-for my typical freesat recording functions?

Thanks again in advance for your help

Can anyone please help me understand the difference between these two boxes:

679dc61226ddf66bcabb73f022e58559.jpg

Hi, so my Vu+ solo 2 (dual sat tuner, with 1tb HDD) box has arrived this morning, any chance I could ask people for some help setting it up please?

My ideal setup would be:
•Free to air satellite channels all available via my dish with full EPG and sly skin.
•Ability to pause, rewind and record live tv on FTA channels.
•also be able to schedule recordings in future and set series link on all FTA channels.
•install a sly line to allow access to the extra sly channels.
•ability to record these sly premium channels as per the FTA channels.
•IPTV with full EPG
•integrate all the FTA, sly and iptv channels into the same epg with sly uk channel numbers
•Kodi installed

I think that’s everything I would like the box to do and from reading forums this last week i believe it is all possible.

Oh and i had the box preflashed with openvix from the supplier.

So some guidance on where to start and what to install where and when would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

All of your list is possible though I would use IPTV player which is available in plugins/download plugins/extensions instead of Kodi but Kodi can be installed from the same location. Both apps can be installed and you can experiment to find out which you prefer. Iptv with full epg is probably possible but I have never seen a service with 100% epg coverage. Also integration of Iptv into one all channels list could be taxing and laborious that is if iptv supplier even allows you to mess with their order. All the rest is easy enough and is covered multiple times on this forum. My order of setting up would be to download sky skin and install it just to make sure it works fine and doesnt make you box bootloop. It is unlikely to do this but it is why I would do this first rather than set up everything else then get a skin ruin all your work. Next install Autobouquetsmaker from plugins/download plugins/systemplugins then install epg importer from plugins/download plugins/extensions and get these set up for your region. The ability to pause/rewind record live tv is built in and just requires you to set up recording paths and timeshift . You can record directly from epg just find programme you want to record and either set a timer for one off or auto timer for series. Once you have your sly line you can install required softcam from plugins/downloads/softcams

Just a quick one i assume as i had the box preflashed there is no need for me to do any flashing as the OPENVIX image is preinstalled?

Therefore i just need the USB in to make the EPG is saved to that rather than the internal memory?

Back