New European super league includes six EPL teams

Been reading and listening all morning and it's not going to happen, it's just being used as a bargaining chip with the champions league restructuring being announced today. I'm that confident I'll pay £20 to wheelo's charity if the first euro super league game kicks off and if it doesn't happen @36red why don't you match my £20?

@gravelhead I have never said it will happen, I have said I agree with a european super league for sure. uefa and fifa will be screwed if they try and stop this, there revenue will drop ike a stone. can you imagine a world cup with no world class players lol. could all be a bluff but doubt it. get the players to give £20 to charity they have enough money and are the root cause of this fiasco.

Crazy betting scenes

Lots of people have tonnes of money tied to city winning the league, basically backing them as a sure thing at micro odds to grim a sure fire 1% return.

Also people backing Leicester at 25/1 even though it's mathematically impossible for them to win.

Some sweats going on for sure...

all the bluffers on the radio saying they wont go if the esl takes off roflmao
the same crew said that when the premer league was set up as a breakaway from the football league
guess what? yup they are all still going to the games when covid allows
those making the loudest noises are the ones whose local team have not been invited and are upset they wont get to play the big 6 if they get kicked out of the premier league lol
its progress, players want £350,000+ per week wages so clubs have to do all they can to generate those funds. greedy greedy players have brought this about yhihf

@gravelhead I have never said it will happen, I have said I agree with a european super league for sure. uefa and fifa will be screwed if they try and stop this, there revenue will drop ike a stone. can you imagine a world cup with no world class players lol. could all be a bluff but doubt it. get the players to give £20 to charity they have enough money and are the root cause of this fiasco.
Bottled it :LOL:

sorry I do'nt understand. am i not to post and show the text of the post i am replying to?
Wheelo has explained this to you about 5 times I’ve seen already. You keep posting multiple times at once it’s not needed. You can multi quote in one post.

This super league makes me appreciate how great lower league football is to follow.

This is going against tradition. Probably over 100 years of tradition. Football was invented by the poor on the streets. A lot of working class highlight of the week is going to
matches. It’s a real shame it’s being destroyed by the rich. That’s life though. Money talks.

Last edited:
Been reading and listening all morning and it's not going to happen, it's just being used as a bargaining chip with the champions league restructuring being announced today. I'm that confident I'll pay £20 to wheelo's charity if the first euro super league game kicks off and if it doesn't happen @36red why don't you match my £20?
Ooh look at me I've got £20 woo hoo

Tbf players were not the cause of global markets and HD broadcasting, but they are the beneficiaries and so they should be.

Not getting the chance to play Tottenham or Man city lol, cry me a river baby.

There's a club in the championship with more European cup wins than 4 of the big six combined.

Eventually Liverpool and United will be proper franchises. Already global revenue dwarfs match going fans.

Uniteds away crowd are proper lads, real football heads and loud. Don't matter as soon they will be replaced by Americans with giant foam hands and the heartfelt chants remembering cantona or the Munich lads will be replaced by "United, United, rah rah rah" in time to the waving of a Dallas-haired blonde's pom poms.

Like triggers brush who will be the real fans.

Which will be the real club?

The Liverpool club of Istanbul, and 96 funerals or the Liverpool club who tour the middle East for their fevered clash with The Intern Milan Tigers?

Meanwhile Everton play Leeds at the top of the table on a Sunday night in a bear pit of a ground, and you think whose fan base are jealous of whose?

Lol.

Tele fans will be happy, fans of other clubs will be happy. The match going fans of these teams are the ones who may as well be supporting bury for all the club they will have left.

Sorry. Not sorry. Goodbye

Wheelo has explained this to you about 5 times I’ve seen already. You keep posting multiple times at once it’s not needed. You can multi quote in one post.

This super league makes me appreciate how great lower league football is to follow.

This is going against tradition. Probably over 100 years of tradition. Football was invented by the poor on the streets. A lot of working class highlight of the week is going to a matches. It’s a real shame it’s being destroyed by the rich. That’s life though. Money talks.
Understood
Crazy betting scenes

Lots of people have tonnes of money tied to city winning the league, basically backing them as a sure thing at micro odds to grim a sure fire 1% return.

Also people backing Leicester at 25/1 even though it's mathematically impossible for them to win.

Some sweats going on for sure...
In gambling parlance you can't buy money
Throw them out of leagues/competitions and UEFA run the risk of them setting up their own full time European league anyway.
They wont throw any team out of any league it would be cutting their own throat.
He will have a nice payday for sure he's never been same manager since he left Chelsea after his first spell incharge
Thought you said he walked out? Either he chose to leave or got sacked, can't be both

This is going against tradition. Probably over 100 years of tradition. Football was invented by the poor on the streets. A lot of working class highlight of the week is going to
matches. It’s a real shame it’s being destroyed by the rich. That’s life though. Money talks.
100% agree with you here completely destroy the pyramid system as well, Not a united fan in the slightest but Gary Neville has completely hit the nail on the spot with his comments he his totally ashamed of the top clubs and he's a die hard united guy

Tbf players were not the cause of global markets and HD broadcasting, but they are the beneficiaries and so they should be.

Not getting the chance to play Tottenham or Man city lol, cry me a river baby.

There's a club in the championship with more European cup wins than 4 of the big six combined.

Eventually Liverpool and United will be proper franchises. Already global revenue dwarfs match going fans.

Uniteds away crowd are proper lads, real football heads and loud. Don't matter as soon they will be replaced by Americans with giant foam hands and the heartfelt chants remembering cantona or the Munich lads will be replaced by "United, United, rah rah rah" in time to the waving of a Dallas-haired blonde's pom poms.

Like triggers brush who will be the real fans.

Which will be the real club?

The Liverpool club of Istanbul, and 96 funerals or the Liverpool club who tour the middle East for their fevered clash with The Intern Milan Tigers?

Meanwhile Everton play Leeds at the top of the table on a Sunday night in a bear pit of a ground, and you think whose fan base are jealous of whose?

Lol.

Tele fans will be happy, fans of other clubs will be happy. The match going fans of these teams are the ones who may as well be supporting bury for all the club they will have left.

Sorry. Not sorry. Goodbye
Yes I can see that but why do they have such ridiculous pay demands? I'd rather spend that kind of money on an other doctor to save lives than on pampered prima donnas with more money than sense.
100% agree with you here completely destroy the pyramid system as well, Not a united fan in the slightest but Gary Neville has completely hit the nail on the spot with his comments he his totally ashamed of the top clubs and he's a die hard united guy
And just like a lot of moaners he is also a hypocrite, he is all about GREED himself with his hotels, restaurants, properties and other businesses. Pot calling kettle black lol.
And when the ESL shapes up HE will be the football pundit on tv talking about the game and getting more money more GREED, the chuckle brother is off his head.

Yes I can see that but why do they have such ridiculous pay demands? I'd rather spend that kind of money on an other doctor to save lives than on pampered prima donnas with more money than sense.
the market sets their rate of pay.

the money coming into football they have no control over.

there plenty of other people in the chain, including the fans who pay £80 a month to sky who could decide doctors in the thrid world are a better use of their money. but they dont. they'd rather pay to watch football.

There is a premier league rule where the English teams need the league approval for this new super league so would likely have to quit the league if they wanted to join super league.

If they want to go simple go but quit the league and if ever come back stick them in lower leagues and have to come up all the leagues again. (y)

Uefa is rotten to and their Champions league new format stinks personally not been a fan of champions league or Europa league for years
Champions league in name is champions so why teams who don’t win anything get in , it’s all just about the few who just want more money and greed for the rich and those running clubs don’t care about you as a fan.

Last edited:
I really hope this could be stopped from being fulfilled.

Owners of today especially of the BIG clubs dont give a damn about history and tradition. The pyramid system in this country is envied and should be protected at all costs.

Not to be destroyed by fat cat owners wanting to line their pockets more.

I wonder whats going happen with the ties in the champions league and europa league. Been reported they may cancel it. All this is getting out of hand and will affect fans big time.

They say stuff about club history and tradition but that’s all talk they just use the club now as a money maker and fans are least of their issues.

Just seen UEFA are exploring to ban these clubs ASAP and exploring to ban players from euros.
Throw the clubs who are still in Champions league & Europa league out they rather be in something else so why should they be kept in.

The UEFA press conference earlier was decisive and straight to the point. No BS regarding this and like that.

The bans they are proposing not just for the clubs but players especially could be devastating. What player wouldnt want to player in the best league and further to that wouldnt want to represent their country? Not a single one I would imagine.

The UEFA press conference earlier was decisive and straight to the point. No BS regarding this and like that.

The bans they are proposing not just for the clubs but players especially could be devastating. What player wouldnt want to player in the best league and further to that wouldnt want to represent their country? Not a single one I would imagine.
Agreed but when you look at the champions league how is 3rd and 4th place in domestic league champions?? Then you have Europa league those knocked out in group stage go into Europa league it's all a mess.

But which player/team wouldn't want to pit them self's against arguably the best teams in each league.
Wasn't it not too long ago celtic and rangers wanted to join a different league like the epl but they was no uproar no moaning fans or anything lol

Back