New European super league includes six EPL teams

Of course champions league is a mess has been for a very long time. Champions from the respective countries should really be the ones in the competition.

Europa league is also a joke with those who fail to qualify from champions league group stages fall in to the europa league.

The new changes to the champions league is really going to make it more backwards than before if that was possible to do so.

You dont see the big picture about whats wrong with this new league. If your a fan of it and want it to happen then that is your view on it. But majority that oppose it have stated why in here.

There is a premier league rule where the English teams need the league approval for this new super league so would likely have to quit the league if they wanted to join super league.

If they want to go simple go but quit the league and if ever come back stick them in lower leagues and have to come up all the leagues again. (y)

Uefa is rotten to and their Champions league new format stinks personally not been a fan of champions league or Europa league for years
Champions league in name is champions so why teams who don’t win anything get in , it’s all just about the few who just want more money and greed for the rich and those running clubs don’t care about you as a fan.
have you only just sussed this out?
long gone are the days when players wages were paid from gate receipts, the money they take from seats on bums don't pay jack.
it's all tv cash thats pumped in to this breakaway premier league (poor old football league) that has generated players astronomical wages.
the match going fan has nothing at all in common with the mega rich players they go and cheer on, yes it's a sad state of play but it's the way of the world.
kerry packer did a similar thing with cricket and now T20 is played everywhere.
its progress, if you are a fan of a big 6 club you are in full stop. if you follow a minnow then you are out, bye.
it amazes me that in 2021 people talk about "their club" etc it's not their club unless they own it lets get this right. if they don't like what's proposed it's tough :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Agreed the european cup should deffo be for champions only therefore take back 2 trophies liverpool won when they were not champions :ROFLMAO:

Why do people keep going on about fans and travel? This whole set up is for STREAMING games live over the net to millions of viewers, not for a coachload of foul mouthed drunken yobs on a jolly.

The againsters:
dc9dd131-98d4-4834-bb1c-06cba86702c5.jpg

c52dca8b-9841-492c-b303-bdaefbb06ec7.jpg

8e8be693-f15b-4a0e-86b8-5f8e91459d29.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course champions league is a mess has been for a very long time. Champions from the respective countries should really be the ones in the competition.

Europa league is also a joke with those who fail to qualify from champions league group stages fall in to the europa league.

The new changes to the champions league is really going to make it more backwards than before if that was possible to do so.

You dont see the big picture about whats wrong with this new league. If your a fan of it and want it to happen then that is your view on it. But majority that oppose it have stated why in here.
Havnt seen the new champions league changes tbh mate only seen about Jose getting sacked.
As a Chelsea fan I would love to see us against the so called best teams in world and for me the champions league is the best way at present.
this super league is a joke you take sponsorship derby's out of epl plus all cup matches and the league will fizzle out.
Come on how many people will travel, week in week out to a mutual venue probably Spain ect imo

Changes should be made to any competition including the champions league to make it greater imo. I like it how it is also but it does need changes to make it even more greater. The new changes really will devalue the competition in 2024 onwards.

The Liverpool win in 1977-78 was done beating 4 giants of football:
Round of 32 they got a bye
Round of 16 Dynamo Dresden
Quarter Final Benfica
Semi Final Borussia Monchengladbach
Final Brugge

Now that's entertainment :ROFLMAO: :LOL::LOL:

Champions league should always been champions only why should you finish 3rd or 4th in a league and qualify.

UEFA can take away those teams who have won European trophy’s and should do it.

Norway manager has a point he said Juventus got knocked out by Lyon Porto and Ajax in champions league why the **** should they be in such a tournament spurs and arsenal probably not among top 20-30 best teams in Europe.

Shall see if Klopp leaves Liverpool he was against this in 2019.

UEFA expect to kick Chelsea Man City Real Madrid out of the champions league semi finals this Friday.

Last edited:
WOW if this league really goes through and its not just a "play" from the big clubs to get more money and power from UEFA in the champions league then its looks like Klopp will end up leaving.

Massive loss it will be for Liverpool no two ways about that.

Have to say honestly respect Klopp for taking such a stance here and basically going at "war" with the owners over this issue.

Think Pep is similiar so will he be kinda simliar with his response.

Sadly think Ole is a yes man and wont give his own true opinion in fear of reprisal from the owners. Pep and Klopp leaving both clubs if this super league takes off will be massively detrimental for both those clubs.

Picture describes perfectly the roots, history and tradition of the best sport in the world we all love football and how the super rich owners because of their sheer greed are destroying the sport.

Dont think it would be fair for fans of City or Chelsea if they get booted out the semis but who knows whats gona happens as every hour things are changing.

I am huge fan of alot of sports and cricket is one I can say is very simliar to the current situation with the ESL.

The purest form of the game in cricket for me and other fans is well barely surviving and thats mainly because of the insane amount T20 leagues and other competitions that are part of the calender every year that exist all for sheer greed.

I am fan of all formats of cricket but nothing ever can take the place of test cricket but sadly how the game is at grass roots young players only care about T20 cricket because of the riches involved in T20 leagues around the world.

I fear for football if the ESL comes about as very simliar situation can happen that could decimate the football pyramid in England and also other countries for that matter.

OK baz the same bet as I offered earlier, if the first game in the euro super league kicks off I'll give £20 to wheelo's charity, if the league never materialises you give wheelo £20. Win, win for charity (y)

UEFA executive committee member and head of Danish FA Jesper Moller tells broadcaster DR he expects Chelsea, Real Madrid & Man City to be kicked out of this season's Champions League: "The clubs must go, and I expect that to happen on Friday."

Some betting markets suspended on this season's champions leaghe.

Crazy day

What does Harry Kane do now haha?

Decisions decisions

If they really want to make a statement and do kick out those three teams from the semis, how exactly are they gona finish the competition.

Losing teams will have another chance then?

At a cross roads where the fans of United and Liverpool really need to fight for their identity and the soul of their clubs

You could be going down the road of not merely leaving old Trafford / anfield but having a significant portion of home games played abroad. Imagine having American fan culture having an equal stake as being the legitimate home crowd lol.

Deary me.

Wish you all the very best lol

Back