New Skin Slyk 1 HD (aka bluehd2) Version 1 available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the top on the EPG where is says All Channels, Can you add in the other listings so it says All Channels, Movies, Sports, Kids, Documents, News and also have it so we can scroll across the top of the EPG. uploadfromtaptalk1444680190019.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

As already discussed, I have no plans to bring in 3rd party components into this skin yet. There isn't the code to do this without installing a separate addon. I did actually find it on google last week and was going to have a play around with it but for the live of me I cannot find it again. For now though I have no plans to include it until I have completed this skin. And there are several weeks work still left on this.

---------- Post Merged at 09:14 PM ----------

Is people timeshift working properly on their boxes. i.e are you getting the little graphic in the bottom left of the screen when you pause and rewind etc. Mines still broke and I don't know whether it is something I have broken in the skin. or whether something has broken with I did the latest openatv software update.

Last edited:
That's cool.. Just thought this skin looks so good and maybe go that one step better than the rest and make it the best there is.

does that work on fraggles skin. What is the actual full name and version of his skin you are using. I need to find this bleeding plugin as everyone keeps asking for the tabs although I am reluctant to put it in.

What is the actual full name and version of his skin you are using. I need to find this bleeding plugin as everyone keeps asking for the tabs although I am reluctant to put it in.

the skin itsmrjt showed on that image is SKY.NEW, it was included in mtpockets openatv build (not sure if it still is),i have it if you need it mate

I have just got hold of it, the tabs are just background graphics in that skin, you cannot scroll through them.

U need to skin cool tv guide plugin that will give u scroll through graphics likes sky's on epg with movie docs etc.

I'm pretty sure it was done a while back,
In another skin.

Good job by the way ...

Someone on a Facebook group has made a skin with working tabs. It's a secret group so I can't post a link. Maybe I could host the skin somehow.

Is people timeshift working properly on their boxes. i.e are you getting the little graphic in the bottom left of the screen when you pause and rewind etc. Mines still broke and I don't know whether it is something I have broken in the skin. or whether something has broken with I did the latest openatv software update.

Working for me on a Vu+ Duo using OpenViX, however the graphic doesn't always vanish immediately after leaving timeshift, may be it's there for a minimum 30 secs and I'm leaving too quick. The confirm leave timeshift box is too small but I guess that hasn't been skinned.

its working on duo2 vix img but like lincast says stops on about 20/30 secs after​

IMAG0217.jpg

Last edited:
yeah I got mine working again, my box had become corrupt. The timeshift icon is actually an extension of the infobar, but I have masked the info bar out. It will therefore stay for as long as you have got your infobar to view.
On openatv the option is setup...usage & gui..osd settings 1st info bar timeout. I have mine set at 3 seconds.

If you haven't got the timeshift icon displaying you will need to turn on seekbar in the timeshift settings menu.

If it's staying too long you can just press the ok button to shift it.

As for the message box, I have that turned off. I will turn it on and have a nosey.

---------- Post Merged at 12:44 AM ----------

Some time in the future I will write a text document with all the settings I currently have that go hand in hand with this skin.

Last edited:
It's only a minority of posts, but quite simply if it looks good it's been skinned, if it doesn't look polished it hasn't been skinned. It's not rocket science... I don't mind suggestions, but no need to state the obvious.
The last time I saw the skin the the vu+ solo2 came with was years ago so I assume it was very much similar to blue hd. I do not know what is involved in the skinning, therefore I did not know whether the planner is something you plan to work on or not (until you have just said so). I am not trying to belittle anything, I have been quite clear in my appreciation of this skin. I love it but the small matter of the planner is stopping me from using it. You see, this skin you have created is amazing and I am just dying to install it on my boxes and friends' boxes. Now that I know that you do plan to work on the planner at some point, I am happy, because that's all I wanted to know really. I hadn't realised it was left til later on purpose.

What really impressed me was the channel numbers appearing in the bottom-left and the tone of blue on the infobar, it was so spot on it was eerie lol.

So to reiterate, I do love the work and effort, I am just simply anxious to use it and eagerly await updates. :)

Yeah It's it's mtpockets skin if you can dig around that it might have some extra goodies for you

B1GC0L, yours with the tabs was the one I was talking about on FB. Not used it yet (I've tweaked MetrixHD to death and am quite happy with it) but it looks very good and the feedback from your FB group is very positive.

Last edited:
Right i have spent a couple of hours (good job the boss isn't in) comparing the source of the file provided above with openvix and openatv equivalent file. Apart from the fact atv self titles menus where as vix you have to write it in the skin there is no major difference in the python scripts. Therefore it seems pretty safe to overwrite your boxes components with this file. One thing that makes me paranoid about including though is it changes the default buttons on the epg to record, plus 24, minus 24. People might not want me to faff with the default buttons. Other than that it seems fairly straight forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back