New Vix Apollo 153 zgemmastar sucmnsee backup set up

hi i like the look of that image i have just got 1 of these boxes and cant for the life of me get the thing to work lol am used to dreambox if i put this image on my box can i use my line where ur n line goes as my line starts with cws..many thanks

---------- Post Merged at 12:14 AM ----------

hi there i have just been putting my whole line at the top in newcamd.list is that where i am going wrong wondered why i only got fta

---------- Post Merged at 12:48 AM ----------

ok seen it lol thank you will try that think thats where i been going wrong..

---------- Post Merged at 01:43 AM ----------

i still only have freeview must be doing something wrong grrrr

Have a read through this whole thread bud (if not already). You just need to edit the ***** in Sucmnsee's newcamd.list file that came with the image. The file will be in usr/keys directory. If you're still having problems then be specific n what part you're stuck on and forum members will no doubt help

yes done all that mate just wondering now if my line not completely working i been on dreambox for years so pretty much know what i doing lol well thought so till tried this box lol..thanks for reply anyway

---------- Post Merged at 12:06 PM ----------

think i will just get a test line from someone else to see if my line is the problem can anyone put me on to a good one please

Ill finally put up the unofficial vix 165 tonight.
has simplified mg_cfg and newcamd.list.
also as mgcamd1.38 can run with cccam stuff ive included cccam 2.3 with CCcam.cfg.
might make sense to wait an hour and ill post? Few bug fixs and a better kodi as well

To backup a zgemma on vix

Menu
setup
vix
Image manager
green for new backup

Then take the rar u get about 75mb. Unrar zgemma folder and inside it open sh1. Copy in files:
force
imageversion
splash
from an original flash folder. Thats it ready to flash. Dont forget to remove ur line if ur gonna share images.

tried to do this a few times, i've followed the instructions to the letter and all that happens is it stays in the flash mode forever. i've used your force, imageversion, splash and i've also used the the zgemma openvix 165 version with the same results.
i know its not the usb as i've tried 2 usb's and both usb's were ok to flash with your backup. any ideas, thanks

You could try a low level format then a full windows first it defiantly works as loaded it on to 4 boxes Make sureyo have downloaded the latest version of the 165 version as first 1 was hanging in flash should take no longer than 15 mins to flash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if its saying flash and lasting longer than 15 min the usb is ok but its the old file. Ive flased 4 with 165 now and it is working.

Redownload
take the zgemma folder and put on usb
turn off box and insert usb
power on box and leave til flashed

if its saying flash and lasting longer than 15 min the usb is ok but its the old file. Ive flased 4 with 165 now and it is working.

Redownload
take the zgemma folder and put on usb
turn off box and insert usb
power on box and leave til flashed
apologies, i don't think i explained myself very well, i've downloaded your backup (great image and much appreciated), i've then flashed it to the box no problem, i then configured the addons i wanted and the correct region bouqets for my area, then i've made a backup of my final config. this is the backup i want to use on all future boxes. do you think the new backup maybe too large its 120mb ?
all it does is stay on flash. thanks for all your help

Hi again, its been working great for me however I started messing about with it this morning trying to get the channels numbers to show on the infobar and have messed up all the channel numbers now e.g. channel 401 is travel +1, also on the boquets screen at the top is recently scanned not sure if this is right.

:(

----
fixed the channel numbers being messed up. went on ftp and deleted all the boquet files and then ran autoboquetmaker and rebooted.
Now to try and figure out getting those numbers on the infobar lol

Last edited:
Hi all , I'm considering putting this image on my zgemma h1 but have a couple of questions;
im using the supplied image openav and have a fixed dish with 3 lnb's via diceqc switch(28e,19e,13e)
Is it easy to set up scan for all sats and create seperate bouquets for each ?

Having lots of EPG probs on open av , does it work ok on this image and finally is there a similar plugin to air player as if like to stream to the box.

Many thanks
just just like to say a big thanks to the website and it's contributors , you have helped many people like me.

Sorry , one last question , can I save the bouquets I have already created and load them on the vix image ?
as they took forever to create.

Last edited:
Cant get permission to download. I've made a couple of post but still not allowing me

---------- Post Merged at 12:07 PM ----------

Its ok. Now able to access download. Must be a small delay in gettng access after posting

Have been recommended by a friend and he said this is a cracking image.
I went from Vix to Atv because of the faulty time on led. Is there a way to fix this or are you stuck with a blank led.
Anyway when I get a minute will try the image and post what I think.
Many thanks

Andy.

Hi Sucmnsee

Can I pass information on to you

Took delivery of a new zGemma star-S last night

the manual although rebadged from the Cloud ibox, has the wrong info on Software updates.

after a bit of trial and error found that the zGemma 2S/H1 also works perfectly on this machine.

So I guess you can just retitle the section

thanks for the excellent image, That give me the EPG full screen instead of the clipping I was getting.

cheers

chris

Back