New VU+ solo2 owner

It's perfect! Im using it on a 42" tv in the living room and apart from the few time it freezes (im sure thats the connection to the server) i would be hard pushed to tell the difference between it and upc (virgin media) horizon box! Im sure it wouldn't be near the 4k version available, but I don't have a 4k tv nor do I intend getting 1.

It's a nice tidy box for what it offers. I configured a duo2 for my brother recently and I'm happy I went with the solo2. It's a lot neater looking IMO.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

All these comments are great but I will have to stop reading :willy nilly:

I have an F5 and was looking to upgrade, saw the Zgemma Star S2 and thought - yes, that one will be great. Now I see this . . . . .

A little more ££ but seems like it will do the job far better, especially using Kodi.

Will I have any regrets? Will I be able to get my current cccam.cfg provider to provide a new Cccam.cfg?

Too many questions, my head is going to POP :wow:

Unless you plan on using your old box and your new box, your current cccam will work. Your provider won't know any difference unless you use the same line from more than 1 ip address at the same time.

Techman-2008. Many thanks, so if both boxes are at my home - no one knows?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

That is a good question, logic would suggest that, due to the fact it's the same external ip address. But if you had 2 boxes with the same line requesting the smell information with the same external ip.... I have never tried it. I know that some providers do offer discounts for 'multi room' usage. Again I have only ever had 1 box in my house at any 1 time. I have however encounter and issue with 2 boxes in different counties with the same code. (It was accidental) this didn't work 2 well...

unless your server provider says multiroom do not use on more than one box,remember any lan device has its own ip addy.=banned

Well, taken the plunge . . . :hurray:

Ordered a Vu+ Solo2 today, delivery tomorrow - it could be a long night having a play . . . . . .

Congrats mate! You won't regret it!!
You will get plenty support and advice on here.. There are a lot of guys (and gals?) On here that know what they are talking about. I'm fairly new to this and it's a steep learning curve but very enjoyable when it all comes together.

New unit arrived :yes!:

Unfortunately my Sat Installer has not been able to upgrade my LNB to a dual so I am only working on Tuner B.

I say 'only working' as I think I have the FTA channels but not got the 'others'. I have a Ccam file from my old F5 but I am stuck on getting it into the right place on the VU+ Solo2.

Help muchly appreciated.

Hey Terry,
I'll try my best to help out with my limited knowledge...
First thing is have you installed the softcam extension, (either by FTP or from locally from 'menu - plugins - download plugins - scroll down to softcams' and select CCcam?

correct softcam 2.30 from download plugins as said ,look in downloads on forum for CCcam cfg as you need to send that by ftp to etc then enter line details.

Back