Cable No pause or rewind

Set up an H2H with a Kingston 64 GB USB as the hard drive. When I try to pause or rewind whilst watching it won't let me. Any ideas anybody?

Hi have u done all the settings for the hard drive and switch box off then put hard drive in then switch box back on. Have u tried recording

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you mean have i initialised the usb then yes. Ive done a few H2S's with no problem but don'understand why this problem occurs with this particular box. Can record to the usb ok.

Im wondering if u need a bigger usb ie hard drive. Im not an expert on all this but i read alot of posts and gain more knowledge by the day..Are your timeshift settings set to the usb

The box is at my mum's. I've used Biohead's image with Virmin-only feed. What changes do I need to make to set up timeshift? Not looked at it for a few days, just wanted to get the box up snd running for her. Many thanks for replying.

I've just copied the instructions from my guide

Menu
Setup
System
Recording and Timshift settings
Recording settings
Default movie location should be media/hdd/movie

(If u are using a large enough usb/HDD u may want to go to
Menu
Setup
System
Rexording and timshift settings
Timeshift settings
Ensure timeshift location is showing: media/hdd/movie/timesshift
Autorecord is showing media/hdd/movie
if you want enable Autorecord
Autostart ts after 30secs or whatever.
As it is u must press pause to start timeshift)

Many thanks for that. I'll have a go at sorting it out when I call through in a couple of days & hopefully Mum'll be able to prevent missing any vital moments on 'Create & Craft' TV

Can anyone help i don't appear to be sky movies great anymore ) iv checked the sly movie list I'm sure i use to get it before. I'm getting everything else.

Have you checked sly tv guide online I think it's rebranded sky hits or something else

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sky movie Modern greats .. its saying but online it does differ slightly .. sky cinema also .. is another one I'm not getting

Virgin have swapped the channel list around recently, the Sky Cinema HD channels are now at the top of that section and the SD versions from 431 onwards. Run an auto bouquets maker scan to pick these changes up.

As for your time-shift issues, the solution is that whilst the H2H is a twin tuner model, it is only a single cable and single satellite tuner so it isn't capable of time-shifting or pause/rewind functions as they require two cable or satellite tuners to offer that function. This also explains why you have no trouble recording to your USB but if you were to try and record BBC and watch ITV at the same time, you'd be met with error messages.

You can still timeshift on a single tuner because all your doing is recording/pausing the same channel. For the hd movie channels update config files option in autobouqete marker then rescan

Why can't you? If you can record and watch the same channel then you can timeshift as timeshift is basically recording

Because you need two tuners to be able to do it.

When you press pause, the box continues to receive the live TV feed and records it to the hard drive. When you press play, it starts playing back off the hard drive, whilst still recording the live broadcast. It carries on recording and playing back later like that until you catch up with the live TV feed by either pressing stop or by fast forwarding through the adverts and/or uninteresting bits of the programme(s) you're watching.

Ok if you say that fair enough but it works for me along with others plus I guess openboxes are wrong to have timeshift firmware aswell

Nonsense! You just need a single tuner to pause and rewind. Otherwise how has my very own single tuner H2H image done it? My image uses only a single tuner for cable only. I will gladly take a video of it in action for you?

As OP was using my image I know the problem would've been caused by my previous release - I'd not enabled timeshift by default.

Also ask yourself, a standard Sky box only has two tuners... How can that timeshift whilst also recording a 2nd program?

Last edited:
Biohead you'll be best with timeshift off by default with instructions on how to activate it because the storage device needs setting up before setting timeshift same goes for swapfile if you use it

Why can't you? If you can record and watch the same channel then you can timeshift as timeshift is basically recording

I'll report back after carrying out your instructions but would think that the single tuner would continue to back up to the hard drive of which any point can be accessed and played back up to the capacity of the drive/USB. We'll see...

Back