Nvidia shield vs Formuler box

It’s just not as snappy as the shield and they can’t handle the cache I notice it slowing down and it seems to be laggy, there perfect for your average person but just not me, it’s also nice to be able to kill apps on the shield aswell, I regularly clear the cache but it’s just night and day between the two.
Yeah definitely don't get the basic sheild. If you're happy with the shield pro, stick with them. I run both, I personally use formuler 90% for IPTV. Sheild I actually use IPTV & other apps because it runs well no matter what you throw at it.

Yeah definitely don't get the basic sheild. If you're happy with the shield pro, stick with them. I run both, I personally use formuler 90% for IPTV. Sheild I actually use IPTV & other apps because it runs well no matter what you throw at it.
If ya using Formuler 90% of the time, enough said.
The end..

I might look into the formuler just for a second tv I like to give everything a chance and it could actually work out a cheaper option compared to the shield, only thing that’s holding me back is the remote as they don’t seem great

Reactions: m4u
Formuler devices are great for the elderly and for people of limited intelligence as you can set them to boot straight into the iptv app and it's a simple interface/epg, the remote is "traditional" style (ie looks like it's from the 1980s) so owners don't panic when they see complicated features like backlit buttons etc, and they can't be used to run complicated modern apps like Netflix, Prime etc so it's a really simple, straightforward device for iptv. I'd highly recommended them if you're easily confused or prone to panicking with modern technology.

I used to own a formuler device myself and unlike many, I'm not ashamed to admit it. We all started somewhere and it was an OKish entry level box when CS went tits up and the zgemma turned into a doorstop.

Formuler devices are great for the elderly and for people of limited intelligence as you can set them to boot straight into the iptv app and it's a simple interface/epg, the remote is "traditional" style (ie looks like it's from the 1980s) so owners don't panic when they see complicated features like backlit buttons etc, and they can't be used to run complicated modern apps like Netflix, Prime etc so it's a really simple, straightforward device for iptv. I'd highly recommended them if you're easily confused or prone to panicking with modern technology.

I used to own a formuler device myself and unlike many, I'm not ashamed to admit it. We all started somewhere and it was an OKish entry level box when CS went tits up and the zgemma turned into a doorstop.
I personally disagree. I'm not sure if I captured your comments 100%. But the formuler remote doesn't light up. And any way if that was a wrong quote, the formuler is designed for ease of use, not for any specifics. I bed OP will have best experience and feedback for a personal trial.

Who had iptv in the 80"s 🤣🤡

Who had iptv in the 80"s 🤣🤡

Sorry ol' boy, I'll repeat for you and underline the thing about formuler devices that is 1980s style.

the remote is "traditional" style (ie looks like it's from the 1980s) so owners don't panic when they see complicated features like backlit buttons etc,

If you need me to explain any more basic concepts to you then give me a shout anytime.

Personally it comes down to user preference what is good for one person won’t be good for another.
I’ve tried most boxes/devices from fire sticks to buzz formuler shield chrome cast smart tv just to name a few.
Personally I use a formuler box mainly so my kids and missus can work it not tech savvy.
The buzz xrs4500 is a cracking device for iptv and sell supported on this forum same with the vid stick.
The shield I personally didn’t like it myself the remote felt horrible to hold (big hands) and others in house found it complicated.
Fire sticks are ok and can have all apps in one place and most use them for ease of use and are cheap.
The Amazon cube old model only good thing about it was the free ethanet adaptor that came with it.
Tbh it all comes down to budget and how much you want to spend on a box or device but…….It always will revert to which is best device etc.

I agree with you (for once) lol they are straight forward and would be better if formuler went full android like other devices.
Personally the remote is simple and easy to use so is the buzz remote one press on the the buzz and you can get vod/series etc up and can add favourite movies series channels to Home Screen so one click press (happy missus) happy life 😆😆

I agree with you (for once) lol they are straight forward and would be better if formuler went full android like other devices.

Must be a financial viability issue, they're not selling enough to warrant buying the licence for Android TV I guess.

The only thing about formuler is they do realse alot of boxes. Maybe they should of give people who bought z10 free update for mytvonline.

Buzz is OK but again in a high price bracket can't even add 4k netflix. That's what let's both boxes down.

The mii cool boxes look interesting they have full android tv and I beleive can play 4k netflix etc

The only thing about formuler is they do realse alot of boxes. Maybe they should of give people who bought z10 free update for mytvonline.

Buzz is OK but again in a high price bracket can't even add 4k netflix. That's what let's both boxes down.

The mii cool boxes look interesting they have full android tv and I beleive can play 4k netflix etc
Mecool are Google certified.

Why would you want 4k Netflix when you should have a good vid library with 4k movies Lol

Why would you want 4k Netflix when you should have a good vid library with 4k movies Lol
People do mate. Disney Spotify the lot. I must admit I have a legit Spotify and YouTube premium. But then you could say why pay a premium for a so called dedicated box like buzz or formuler

When you can buy a firestick and add a premium app.

Why pay silly money for a box with a dedicated app

Last edited:
Back