OpenATV 5.3 -

kiddac

As I have just crashed my box big time (the dreaded -49-) I am going to install the latest openatv 5.3.

I will let all you minions know how I get on with it. From what I read all the bugs are pretty much sorted now, so shouldn't be much to report.

-49- is when your box locks up on booting and freezes on -49-. It's usually a pain to find the culprit as it doesn't produce a crash report.

It was my own fault. I was just preparing to make a fresh backup so I was just deleting a load of crap off my box. It's quicker just to reflash than dig out what caused it.

you still got spelling issues. ha

no this is just on a full restart. The box will just lockup and go no further. The count up on the display will just stop at 49. Nothing you can do about it unless it's a skin or plugin issue and you delete the culprit. I wasn't messing with a skin or plugin so could have been anything. Therefore feck that.. reflash time. I was due one anyway

Last edited:
Although I am the author of the bare bones setup guide, I still love the fact I follow my own guide when setting up a new image. You would think I would know by now.

---------- Post Merged at 08:15 PM ----------

first problem I have encountered. Repositioning my screen using OSD position was jumping about all over the place. Finally got it to behave itself. Strange bug

Last edited:
next observation. Finally they have included rytec in xmltv importer so you don't have to install both separately. Cool.

Also noticed they fixed a problem in epg well in 5.2 it was a problem
if I was on a program the ones on both sides would be a fuzzy grey colour

Setting up ABM Provider still crashes on first setup. (when you are too lazy to reboot first after installing plugin ;) ). Always has done.

---------- Post Merged at 08:34 PM ----------

I forget how fast these boxes reboot before you install all your epg data

first problem I have encountered. Repositioning my screen using OSD position was jumping about all over the place. Finally got it to behave itself. Strange bug

Only seems to do that when flashing a zgemma box.

Last edited:
yes please kiddac, i got a 2s ,thats ok is it?
is it faster than vix? ive never used open atv as box came with vix installed
thanks

Last edited:
-49- is when your box locks up on booting and freezes on -49-. It's usually a pain to find the culprit as it doesn't produce a crash report.

It was my own fault. I was just preparing to make a fresh backup so I was just deleting a load of crap off my box. It's quicker just to reflash than dig out what caused it.

I thought 49 was a skin issue, as it's the point the gui starts to load.

I have found no problems what so ever using OpenATV 5.3 & VIX4.03 on the 2nd generation zgemma's both work as they should, have noticed VIX runs smoother with very very little glitching...maybe twice its frozen for about 5 seconds in the 3 days Ive been testing it (could be my net connection but ATV glitches slightly more, maybe 3 or 4 times in 24hrs)

Last edited:
Back