OpenATV 5.3 -

hi guys!
installed this latest image(always used vix before) what is the user,password for openwebif, it was just root when i had vix but this is not working on openatv
thanks

The username should be root, the password can be anything. Just type something (except blank on openwebif)

or just turn authentification off. I released this backup a day after a fresh install so I was probably faffing with something.

menu...plugins...openwebif

enable http authentication... no.

that should fix it. I think

hi kiddac!

tried that and openwebif now opens but if i try to watch a channel on my laptap,like i did before (vix 3 image)it opens vlc player like it used to,but then it asks for valid userame and password!!
Screenshot (2).jpg

you will need to reboot

---------- Post Merged at 10:56 PM ----------

your zgemma and your computer

looks like i will have to go back to vix, i even tried removing openweb plugin reboot box then install openweb again reboot, but still it asks for username and password if i try ti watch channel on pc!!

is it working for you kiddac??

hmmm. I have just tried this and indeed it does now ask for a password in VLC. I will look into it.

** right I have sorted it. **

Even if you set "enable HTTP authentication" to no in webif config, something was overriding this.

menu...setup...usage & gui...customise

Require authentication for http stream.... NO

happy streaming.

Last edited:
you are such a hero kiddac! how the hell do you find all the answers??
thanks again

p.s what the f is the actuall user/password i wonder

How do I find my answers. The same way as everyone else. Google. Someone had posted a similar problem on another forum a few years ago. ;)

there is no password set on my backup. It's root and blank.

I did just try putting a new password on my box and with that customise setting set to yes, I still couldn't get it to play. Setting it to no all is good.

I loaded 5.3 crashed would not re flash and the only way I could get out of it was by flashing open vix and then going back to 5.1

hi guys!
using this 5.3 how the hell do i unmount the usb harddrive, i want to make it ex4 as it seems very slow now on this image as ext3
i can not find how to unmount the drive , so i keep getting the error cant unmont media/hdd

thanks for any help

Last edited:
hi guys!
i found it, it is in filelist then press menu , but its already ext4, and i cannot unmount because its set up with a swapfile

so how comes my recordings are so much slower to react to fast forward,rewind etc etc
also i could see my timers while playing back recording by pressing green button,or even EPG while watching recording,but i can not with 5.3 opena.tv
this is so much slower than when i had succemse vix image
thanks

I setup my h2h from scratch following your guide step by step kiddac using 5.3 and I love it! Soooo greatful for your hard work. And it is left at that. I love things as slim and snappy as possible. Not interested in kodi and stuff of my box as I have one for that. When I got to the epg part of your guide and I couldn't find the 2nd file I was a bit worried as it was the only hiccup I come across. But you cleared up that you now only need one in this thread so that's a relief I seen you say you removed motorised dish settings and stuff on your backup. Now.... I like things as slim and bloat free as I can so might look into doing the things you spoke of. Thanks again for your work kiddac!!!

Back