OpenATV 5.3 -

you pain in the backsides....

not a single person said they wanted a copy last night. so I kept plodding on with my project today. Come on here and people now loads of people want a backup of my fresh install.

I will post one up this evening. I am not offering any support or instructions on it though. It is what it is. My backup. Not a public backup. You will have to see other builds like woosh and sucmnsee for instructions on setting up your screen, usb, epg installing your line etc.

And this is 100% English language all other languages have been removed including in all the plugins.

and lots of things have been stripped out including anything related to motorised dishes, hdmi-cec / volume adjust / cutlisteditor / dvd player / metrix skin have all been removed.
IPTVplayer has also been stripped down to my personal preference.

Timeshift is turned off / Recording settings are set up for a 32gb usb.

So just pre-warning you all before you start moaning.

here you go lazy bums.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiu9vuoizg5k4di/zgemma.zip?dl=0

this is just my personal barebones backup, with my personal settings and tweaks. Slyk1HD obviously installed. I have also put in the slyk bootloader, Air digital splash screen. Radio.mvi not included.

This is setup for Granada custom, so you need to change it to yours.

EPG is xmltv importer. You need to do a manual scan.

You will probably have to unhide some bouquets to for your own personal taste.

bb1 and bbc 2 are correct ;)

You will probably have to personalise the timeshift and recording settings.

And as a bonus you have also got some experimental scrolling text on channel selection and epg descriptions. (6 second delay for large descriptions then it scrolls)

** correction - I forgot the splash.bin. **
download, extract and add it to zgemma folder before flashing
View attachment splash.zip

If you wish to use openwebif streaming on this build - I had an incorrect settings that was stopping streaming.

menu...setup...usage & gui...customise

Require authentication for http stream.... SET IT TO NO

Last edited:
if you import your own settings, it will override all my iptvplayer tweaks, and how I set everything up. So there is no real point in trying my backup. you might aswell just install a new build yourself.

Last edited:
Think I will give this a go Kiddac, having a couple of issues on my current built that may be snags fixed on 5.3.

Will this flash onto a H2S without any problems or is it specific to the 2S

i used ur guide to make own image on 5.3 openatv found osd to be a pain but all working now using new skyq skin fantastic skin but seems to have issues using openwebiff when trying to view outside of home network. if somone could screen shot openwebif settings from tv it would be appreciated. also seem to have issues accessing films ive ftp'ed to hdd when trying to watch outside network no option to view such films any help be great thanks for reading.

It's not recommended mate opening ports for external access for security reasons and also it makes your box crash more. It would be nice to have all the luxuries of a sky plus box but they do a lot via satellite

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
openvix has always been slightly quicker, that is why many people on this forum go through all the horrendous pains of using it. Is a tiny bit of increased speed worth all the hassle? It's not in my opinion, buggy epg, no updates, no quick fixes for a lot of problems without a a reflash.... , so that's why I stick with my tried and trusted openatv. Each to their own. (but why are people insisting on using openvix on zgemmas) ;)

Thanks for the image. Tried it last night and the other half feels it is quicker changing channels. I have tried it with SkyQ skin and works fine (need to perform some tweaking for personal preferences). I was able to connect it to my NAS device for recording/watching.

The only thing that bugs me (I think it is the box unless other tell me otherwise) is if you are watching a movie (not recorded on the box) then the max fast forward is 4x.

Keep up the good work kiddac.

Thanks for image. I have one slight problem, in epg I prefer to change channel with 1 press of ok button but can't seem to get this working. I have set short press to zap and exit, am I missing something?

Last edited:
Back