Openbox V8 Golden crashing VHub 3

bluedusty

Hi

I have a openbox v8 golden that i cannot get to work with a v££££n hub3.

Every time I put the box on it seems to crash the hub and the internet goes off.

I have tried turning off the parental controls and firewall to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated

Bluedusty

Hi Ianmcd, thanks for the help. The box works fine at my mates with a different router just the virgHub3 keeps crashing rebooting

Cheers

Bluedusty

Dusty--you know I programmed the golden here for you ----programmed using latest vm superhub so obviously it's not the box so best to play with hub---try disconnecting all then reboot hub on its own then use the wifi antenna to connect box.
Reaper.

Hi Reaper

The box is fine I am trying to find out what's wrong with the hub.
I have been into the hub and disabled the firewall etc to no avail I then powered the hub down to factory settings and tried again to no avail. This happens on both the Ethernet connection and Wi-fi.
I know there is nothing wrong with the box because I used my phone to tether and it worked spot on and have tested it elsewhere and it worked fine. It has to be something simple like a setting missed etc.

I have exactly the problem but if I use a superhub 2 it's absolutely spot on . I managed to get it to stay on longer using inline Virmin noise filters but it's still makes the router restart I'm assuming the routers faulty

Hi Fathipster.

Sorry you have the same problem but in a selfish way I am glad (only so we can hopefully get to the bottom of it). Just out of interest have you tried running the hub 3 in modem mode only to see if works? I need to find a spare route before I can try it.
If anyone has a hub 3 working perhaps they might be able to tell us if they had to change any settings etc. I think I pretty much disabled everything to no avail the only thing I may not have done was select either of of the 2.5ghz or 5ghz rather than run both together.

Cheers Reaper I will try and get him to select just the 2.5ghz and see if that helps. If he can't do it I will pop over on Saturday to try various things to see if I can get the poxy hub working.

Not really No. I am hoping to pop over to my mates next weekend to try the router in modem mode to see if that works. He had v£rgin out but don't think they could find or do anything. Just strange that it works ok around a friends house but as soon as he plugs it into his own it does not work. I still think there is a problem with v£rgin. Please post back here if you find a solution and I will do the same

Not really a solution but for me modem is the same, rebooting every time I connect the Golden. I'm going to try it just with the superhub wired and hope it works.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ok as I say a friend has the hub 2 and it works fine. Something not right with the hub3 think I may try as reaper said and just run on 2.5 mode rather than auto

Im wired all the way , i have no way of testing it on wifi because I aint got a dongle. I have tried everything I can think of but it just reboots my hub. Strange thing is it does not reboot my asus router, just the hub and that is in modem mode.
Surley this can't be a unique problem to us?

I won't be able to try my mates till next weekend as I am away but he has not text me to say he has fixed it. As soon as I can I will post my progress. Do you know anyone with a hub2 you could borrow or would v£rgin send one out for you to test?

I've only just got the superhub 3 And the golden is the only thing that is making it reboot. Can't see how I can ring them and ask for another , when the rest of my connections are fine. And I did have a superhub 1 but you have to activate them so I could not try it if I had one. Ill keep googling and see if I can find any more info.

Back