Openbox V8 PRO

If you are unsure about the Golden/Super or V7 then read /research the forum/support site freesat service
All relevant info is available and there are many downloadable instructions to help you.
If you don't understand that these boxes are different from the early V8 openbox series then don't buy---it's that simple.
The name "OPENBOX" has now been dropped and the new series rebranded as "FREESAT" This is to stop the confusion between old and new series.
Reminder-------The new Angel box now on sale does not support CCcam.
Reaper.

I need to put in frequency start 40965 571000 6952 but it says out of range and then defaults back to 045000 ? what am I doing wrong m8s, help please, lol.

Should be 6 digits so you should put a zero [0] in front of 40596 so as to read 040596 - 571000
Reaper.

yes tried that but still the same, out of range ???

---------- Post Merged at 12:07 PM ----------

Do you have modulation on auto ???

Are you not better just doing a manual scan, 6952 along with the frequency for the box

---------- Post Merged at 12:47 PM ----------

Goto menu> cable> manual scan> enter the frequency you have at the top 571000

Symbol rate ex ntl is 6887 ex telewest is 6952

As soon as you put these details in the signal rate will show on the bars at the bottom> ok on search

You can also enter the same details in Autosearch> ok on search and that will grab the channels

---------- Post Merged at 12:55 PM ----------

you sorted yeah?

Last edited:
frequency 040596
symbol 6.952
modulation auto
nit no
search out of range ? it will not let me go lower than 045.000 m8 ???

---------- Post Merged at 01:12 PM ----------

garyth please help lol

Last edited:
Are you doing this in manual search? did you try the symbol rate 6887. The minute you put the correct details in the signal bars will show. You do have the vm feed into rf yeah?

Yes to all m8 ??? had a box before (Phantom+Cable) all worked on that ?

---------- Post Merged at 03:13 PM ----------

it will not let me put the correct details in ? i cant go below 045.000

Back