OPENBOX V8-SE (Plus) IPTV Xtream App

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a copy of the upgraded firmware file, It can neither be applied by USB or RS232 using the commonly available firmware upgrade software tool. It would seem that the firmware is reading a checksum or number from the embedded ROM in the V8S and can therefore only be restored to that box should the need arise.
Seems we will have to hand over our £££'s lads !!
I have a buddy in Manchester who took his V8S to the shop this evening and paid a fiver to get it upgraded and he says it works absolutely fine.[/QUOTE

]
Which shop did he take it to
Thanks

Dear All
My name is Ally and I own the eopenbox.co.uk and I uploaded the video on Facebook which is also posted here in the start of this thread.
This firmware really exist and Xtreamcode app is working perfectly on V8S.
M3U file is not that good as it freezes the box if channels are changed rapidly and it also don't update channel links automatically in case of any changes to URLs and a manual update is required. Therefore we decided to add Xtreamcode app to the OPENBOX which is one of the best and stable IPTV app.
Our only intention is to bring OPENBOX back to life. There was a huge cost involved to produce this new firmware that's the only reason there is a charge of $6. Most of the subscription providers are not aware how to create a line for OPENBOX. There is complete manual here at http://eopenbox.co.uk/tools/openbox-v8s-tools-downloads/ to guide them through the whole procedure how to create a line and how to install on the box.
I hope it clarify lot of questions in your mind.

Last edited:
@ally_zaman where can the firmware be downloaded from for $6?
Hi
You have to send the boxes to us.
Manufacturer is trying to release a firmware which can be updated via USB but still not ready as they are still not confident with their server security as they believe their server is vulnerable to attacks by clone/copy OPENBOX manufacturer.

Hi
You have to send the boxes to us.
Manufacturer is trying to release a firmware which can be updated via USB but still not ready as they are still not confident with their server security as they believe their server is vulnerable to attacks by clone/copy OPENBOX manufacturer.

Visited Ally on Monday- I am one of his customers and have bought off him long time. I can confirm the Xtreme App works very well and smooth (unlike WebTV function).

Many of my customers are happy that their V6 and V8 openbox now have another use and can be used in future

Hi
I would like to clarify one more thing to all my friends here that we are only going to provide you the firmware with Xtreamcode app added to it. There will be no subscription or any IPTV service included. Box users have to sort out subscription themselves.
Please don't confuse this firmware with the IPHD service (30 days free trial) offered by the manufacturer on V9S boxes. I completely agree with the fact that the IPHD service was not up to the standard and most of the customers never got their free codes despite several requests. That was the reason I decided not to get involved with that IPHD service.
But as far as this firmware is concerned it is working with no problems. And the video I uploaded was recorded by myself.

This is only for the clone boxes is it not,The reaper is an official tester for the genuine openbox suppliers and he has said that its not available from them

I would not put any firmware on a box unless its from the manufacturer,Buts thats just me

Dude Ally is the Uk main guy irrespective whatever anyone else says or tried to say. he is the ONLY method of getting the V8 upgraded to SE plus in UK currently.

This is only for the clone boxes is it not,The reaper is an official tester for the genuine openbox suppliers and he has said that its not available from them
Dear
Who ever told you that this firmware is for clone boxes is wrong and with respect is not telling the truth. If you visit OPENBOX manufacturer website http://www.openbox.net.cn/V8S/Feature.htm you will notice that manufacturer is confirming the release of this firmware and if you visit the "Where to buy" section of their website you will also notice my details and website mentioned there.

Please also note that this firmware will only work with genuine OPENBOX and when try to install on clone box it gives "Hardware Mismatch" error

One more thing I would like to point out that no one can claim that he is directly dealing with manufacturer and don't know me. To prove that you can visit Intellectual Property Office (Government of UK Department) register on GOV.UK website and you search for OPENBOX you will notice that I personally own OPENBOX rights in UK and EU. No one can even sell OPENBOX without my permission. Please don't listen to such gossips and believe in facts which are there proved in this video.
My apologies if my post make you feel uncomfortable I am only trying to clear the facts for you and other friends here.

Makes no odds to me what so ever and the particular chap who i have always got my boxes off who is a well respected member on here,Advises me different,No offence to anyone

Ive just had the v8s se plus delivered today and have got the xtream app working.Excellent video quality but a bit of stuttering on audio on some channels.Tried 2 different lines but same issues.I wonder if anyone else has the same issues.Pehaps ally_zaman can provide more info.

Well a chap with 4 postings saying its top gun stuff,Help out the members on here as been asked if you would be so kind sir

Dear
Who ever told you that this firmware is for clone boxes is wrong and with respect is not telling the truth. If you visit OPENBOX manufacturer website http://www.openbox.net.cn/V8S/Feature.htm you will notice that manufacturer is confirming the release of this firmware and if you visit the "Where to buy" section of their website you will also notice my details and website mentioned there.

Please also note that this firmware will only work with genuine OPENBOX and when try to install on clone box it gives "Hardware Mismatch" error

One more thing I would like to point out that no one can claim that he is directly dealing with manufacturer and don't know me. To prove that you can visit Intellectual Property Office (Government of UK Department) register on GOV.UK website and you search for OPENBOX you will notice that I personally own OPENBOX rights in UK and EU. No one can even sell OPENBOX without my permission. Please don't listen to such gossips and believe in facts which are there proved in this video.
My apologies if my post make you feel uncomfortable I am only trying to clear the facts for you and other friends here.
Dear whoever in reply,If your app is as good as you say then you will find TK members mostly genuine apart from a few rouges then this is the best place to come if you are pre paired to give full support and help, your app will be very useful to a lot of members i am sure of that,If its not up to the job then you will soon get the feedback from it

Last edited:
Can someone please help as I'm really stuck at the moment.
I recently purchased iptv for my openbox v8s but it keeps freezing. Should I get a refund or wait until the xtream app update comes out and will iptv work for xtream app

Can someone please help as I'm really stuck at the moment.
I recently purchased iptv for my openbox v8s but it keeps freezing. Should I get a refund or wait until the xtream app update comes out and will iptv work for xtream app
Get your self a decent box and forget about spending money on any open boxes,You can pickup a good android box for £30 and add the magbox app to it which works perfect,Open boxes were a budget box designed for satellite,Do not waste your money

Some people just don't wanna let go of their loved openbox v8s, like an old dog but some still hope for the poor fooker. for $6 Mr Ally zaman can bring some kinda life back to the v8s, well if it can handle IPTV the same way as v9s did it's not bad price to pay to bring some life back to the box, The cost is around the same if you were buying smart iptv app for a tv.

I have myself tested the v9s running IPTV Xtreamcode it worked well so i couldn't give the box a bad comment, it could handle IPTV very same as any other box i tested. No lag,sluggish nor freezing up from what i tested on the v9s only the odd IPTV ch common freeze sec or 2 that is about it. stick the box in the bedroom, kitchen or give it away to oxfam.

My internet via ethernet cable to the box & speed on testing: Ping 8'ms . Down 155'mbps . Up 32'mbps.

openbox v9s test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back