OPENBOX V8-SE (Plus) IPTV Xtream App

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post is kinda here there and everywhere and I got a bit lost.

Is xtream tv firmware uograde available for v8s & 9s or not?
If so how do I buy it?

You have to send your box to the supplier for around £6 plus postage,Can either do that or look at a better spec box,Says there is a firmware update coming but no released as yet

Hi
Got reply back from the manufacturer. They confirmed that they are unable to release the USB firmware as it will increase the cost and in out opinion $6 is already too much. But they have offered to give the activation software for bulk buyers (100 activations minimum). People with huge number of boxes (resellers) can get that activation software but customers with few or less boxes have to send their boxes to us for upgrade.
Please also note that upgrade offer for old boxes is for 3 months only.
This information will also be available on yojiatech website soon.
Price will be same $6 each activation

Last edited:
Hi
Got reply back from the manufacturer. They confirmed that they are unable to release the USB firmware as it will increase the cost and in out opinion $6 is already too much. But they have offered to give the activation software for bulk buyers (100 activations minimum). People with huge number of boxes (resellers) can get that activation software but customers with few or less boxes have to send their boxes to us for upgrade.
Please also note that upgrade offer for old boxes is for 3 months only.
This information will also be available on yojiatech website soon.
How would offering the download via USB increase the cost. This post doesn't really make any sense. To send your box away to get upgraded it already costs $6 plus postage so about $12. A USB download wouldn't even make have postage fees. Do you really work for openbox or have you not hired very good engineers????

How would offering the download via USB increase the cost. This post doesn't really make any sense. To send your box away to get upgraded it already costs $6 plus postage so about $12. A USB download wouldn't even make have postage fees. Do you really work for openbox or have you not hired very good engineers????
If they release USB firmware they need to have a robust payment and activation solution to avoid any problems with activating firmware and to make sure everyone pays before get his firmware activated. Also their activation server will be accessible by everyone and will be at huge risk of hacked or attacked. To cover all these issues relating customer satisfaction, payment procedure and server security it will cost lot more to them.

If they release USB firmware they need to have a robust payment and activation solution to avoid any problems with activating firmware and to make sure everyone pays before get his firmware activated. Also their activation server will be accessible by everyone and will be at huge risk of hacked or attacked. To cover all these issues relating customer satisfaction, payment procedure and server security it will cost lot more to them.
You have stated in this forum before that these engineers are being paid 12,000 a month they should be able to cover these costs. Openbox is a worldwide service and they cannot expect people to be sending there boxes to people in England for huge costs. A USB download is vital in order to keep openbox v8s boxes at a good standard before they start to decline.

You have stated in this forum before that these engineers are being paid 12,000 a month they should be able to cover these costs. Openbox is a worldwide service and they cannot expect people to be sending there boxes to people in England for huge costs. A USB download is vital in order to keep openbox v8s boxes at a good standard before they start to decline.

huge costs to send boxes to england? what? £5 per box and £5 postage which covers up to 10 boxes is huge? wow..

its simple. u have a few choices- no one forces u either way-
-can pay to send box to be upgraded
-can wait patiently for usb firmware (which will still charge u for upgrade)
-can buy another alternative box such as mag, android etc
-can pay sly.

fact is its ur choice-as ally stated a while ago in same thread ultimately what he (and the manufacturer) are doing with this upgrade is giving u and everyone option of using their v8/v6/v9 etc with iptv without extra cost of additional hardware.

huge costs to send boxes to england? what? £5 per box and £5 postage which covers up to 10 boxes is huge? wow..

its simple. u have a few choices- no one forces u either way-
-can pay to send box to be upgraded
-can wait patiently for usb firmware (which will still charge u for upgrade)
-can buy another alternative box such as mag, android etc
-can pay sly.

fact is its ur choice-as ally stated a while ago in same thread ultimately what he (and the manufacturer) are doing with this upgrade is giving u and everyone option of using their v8/v6/v9 etc with iptv without extra cost of additional hardware.
The way ally's taking they have basically given up on a USB download.

One guy can’t update all the openboxes that need updating

I think this is more of a greed thing :poop:

All the openboxes that I have distributed have gone in the bin they have served there purpose now time for a change ;)

One guy can’t update all the openboxes that need updating

I think this is more of a greed thing :poop:

All the openboxes that I have distributed have gone in the bin they have served there purpose now time for a change ;)
I agree but I have a fully working openbox and if there's a so called update coming out that might save the box there's no point paying £40 for a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back