Openbox v8s se over the air firmware upgrade and channel upgrades

Downloads
all you need and all free ive downloaded installed all working fine please share NO NEED TO PAY ANY ONE .................................................................................

image.jpeg
No. Nothing to do with lines, it's in response to this. Unscrupulous people trying to have you off for updates that are free to everyone!

Just downloaded the update onto my laptop (number 74) for the v8s. But crap with technical stuff so can some please give a step by step guide. Do I need to format the Usb to fat32 and how do I update the box so it runs and updates the tp automatically. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
If you look at the official site Downloads you will find the instructions plus the firmware for your box---research is not rocket science [at least not yet lol] Yes the firmware works and no you don't have to pay for it--if you think you can't download or install just ask and I will upload it once again.
Reaper.

hi i need the update for v8s so its number 74 i downloaded it but its a zip file, so do i unzip before putting onto usb? i tried this but then cant see a TP file?

Use winrar to unzip file then put file onto key and follow the instructions you see when you download the howto file, also found above the network files.
Reaper.

Hi guys did the update followed instructions i have a openbox v8s and channels are still scrambled any help or info would be great thanks

Anyone who has upgraded to the new firmware having any issues where the box freezes and the only way to get it to respond is take the power lead off and back in again?

Never had this issue with the old firmware this has only started to happen when i upgraded to this firmware.

Thanks

Hi

I have just upgrade my V8S to this firmware, no problems at all. Now I have gone to network settings and upgraded the channel list to UK again all ok. The issue I have is that some channels that were working just before the upgrade are now missing. These include Premier Sports HD and Setanta Sports HD. (I have not checked any others)

My previous channel list was cwait's does anyone know which list this Network update provides?

I have now downloaded the latest cwait's and updated manually, the channels have returned. Anyone else noticed this and know if any other channels are missing by using the network channel update?

Any suggestions how to resolve this? Can I prevent these missing channels that are now back from been removed by the Network update?

Cheers

Setanta and Premier HD were still there, just up around channels 1320 or the like! I agree they're not in the favourites, but still there. Though that's of little use if you have to search for them! Gold+1 was another that I had to manually input.

In principle, updating via network is great and very easy to do for the technically challenged. In practice I just hope that the lists they use, CWaites and AJs, are updated with the frequency that they are on their respective websites.

Last edited:
Back