Openbox v8s se over the air firmware upgrade and channel upgrades

Hi I'm a newb on here and this is my 1st post.

I've just started getting into the whole Openbox/Skybox thing and have a query about the ota updates...

My firmware already has the option to upgrade over network but I think the server settings may be wrong as it either won't connect or throws up an error message?

Currently it tries to connect to the skyboxcc server and has a prepopulated username (anonymous) and password (starred out so unknown). There's also an option to use the ip address rather than the dns server name.

My question is, is this correct or can someone point me in the right direction please?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks

To be fair, I don't know whether or not you need to update your firmware if you're up and running. It's usually when there's issues you need an update. But, because this version is a first for Openbox, we're all having a go. So, if yours is working fine, get to know how your V8S works first.

Good morning, so if you install this new firmware for your openbox you can upgrade the tp prog list on the box and no need to download aj sat cwaite channel list no more ?, this would be great ??

Life couldn't get better ha , have you done this already and you have to install the new firmware first , through usb , you don't lose all your sat scan etc when you do this ?

Hi, Used V8S version for my box, all worked fine. Used V5S version for my G/F model (V5S obv) and after connecting to network selected the Firmware update on offer. As soon as downloaded the box re-booted (normal I thought) but has continued to reboot. As soon as reaches L100 keeps repeating over and over..... What's the next step Boss ??? Got me flummoxed... LOL

sometimes this happens, first unscrew coaxial cable from box power on, if that doesn't work try another power feed, failing that you will have to do reflash

hi
there is no 84 which one should i download to update the FW on the v8s as its constantly freezing ? thanks all

It's number 76 4a v5s but it don't appear to be there anymore so which 1 shal i download?

Last edited:
Back