Openbox v8s se over the air firmware upgrade and channel upgrades

thanks alot, Ill give it ago hope it works for me, seem to be having lots of problems getting it working.

Kind Regards andy8ukuk

Hi Guys,

having a few problems with udating/changing the firmware on my v8s, basically I deleted pretty much everything off the box a couple of month back (highlighted everything on factory reset) my box works fine after this apart from upgrade by network which brings up a page with Protocol, URL Type, URL, User, Password on! I've tried tried updating firmware as I've done on many boxes easily enough but my box says 'Hardware Mismatch'?

I don't have a pc/laptop with Null Modem port so I cant go down that route?

Any Ideas?

Hardware Mismatch or File Mismatch ?

Anyway sounds like you are trying to load firmware to the box that it doesn't like.

Google yogiatech and use the usb method to load the latest firmware with network option.

If you get the error again it is likely that your box is a clone and will need a different file.

hi, Guys is this for the Openbox v8s ?
If so that box does not need the fireware it comes loaded on to the box , Its the TP_prog.dbs file that it needs loaded to the box.

Hi Bees is that right ?

Kind Regards andy8ukuk.

---------- Post Merged at 12:39 PM ----------

Downloads
all you need and all free ive downloaded installed all working fine please share NO NEED TO PAY ANY ONE .................................................................................

the file you did,nt want anyone to pay you for never worked

Kind Regards andy8ukuk

It needs it if it's been accidentally deleted Andy! Haha, you can download updated channel list directly off the box in upgrade by network bud!

I bought it early last year. and it might sound dumb but how do I update it over the network? what firmware do I need and where do I get it?

I bought it early last year. and it might sound dumb but how do I update it over the network? what firmware do I need and where do I get it?

Ok on menu> ok on network upgrade> ok to connect> ok on firmware, top left> ok on v8s> yellow I think for upgrade

ok thank you, I have done it but I don't get all the channels. ie sports and movie channels. is there something am doing wrong?

ok thank you, I have done it but I don't get all the channels. ie sports and movie channels. is there something am doing wrong?

you asked how to update firmware, now you need the channel list, do this menu> ok on network upgrade> ok to connect> ok on tp prog, top left> ok on uk list > yellow for upgrade> let the box do the work and then press FAV on the remote and your favs will all be sorted

awright sorry pal I must have asked the wrong question then lol. How do I upgrade then cos am only getting the free channels and not the sports, movie etc.

hi i am having problems with my v8s box. any line that I try is showing offline? I have tried to update the firmware over the network and just keeps coming up as failed. I have also downloaded a channel list to a usb stick but when I turn box off place usb stick in the back reboot the box then go into menu and the upgrade by usb is shaded and I cannot highlight it to use?.. please help.

ps. also there is no number 74 in the firmware upgrade list in the downloads section?

hi i am having problems with my v8s box. any line that I try is showing offline? I have tried to update the firmware over the network and just keeps coming up as failed. I have also downloaded a channel list to a usb stick but when I turn box off place usb stick in the back reboot the box then go into menu and the upgrade by usb is shaded and I cannot highlight it to use?.. please help.

ps. also there is no number 74 in the firmware upgrade list in the downloads section?

how old is your box, cant you do it over the network, it maybe that your usb is not formatted to fat 32

hi box is around a year and a half old. and everytime I try over network it just says download failed. I'm going to try a different usb stick in case its the stick but don't think its that.

hi box is around a year and a half old. and everytime I try over network it just says download failed. I'm going to try a different usb stick in case its the stick but don't think its that.

Make sure you format the usb to fat 32 then try adding

Hi, I managed to get the channel list to download but not to update the firmware and the line I have installed is still showing as offline?.. so channels are all scrambled apart from free channels..

---------- Post Merged at 11:42 AM ----------

Hi, I managed to get the channel list to download but not to update the firmware and the line I have installed is still showing as offline?.. so channels are all scrambled apart from free channels..

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 PM ----------

If the line says offline then its offline which is why your premium channels wont clear, it may well be the case that you need a new line/connection

Back