Openbox v8s Sky Q

Cbp_87

Hi

To save myself getting earache i have recently upgraded my sky to Sky Q. I have an openbox v8s but predominantly use this for BT sport and SBO. However since the upgrade i have not been able to watch anything on the openbox. I get a message saying no signal. The sky engineers did alter my sky dish, but i have done a search for multiple satellites but the only one im getting is the 28.2E one.
Does anyone know how to resolve this or if this will be resolved?

Thanks

What changes did they make? I don't have an answer for you but I'm interested to know what they did, Did they change the LNB? Did they move the dish? Did they disconect your cable from the LNB that you use to connect to your satbox?

I believe they change lnb as new sky q box has upto 12 tuners, Openbox should still work if it hasn't been disconnected

I honestly don't know, the ball and chain was at home when the engineer was there, she said there was up messing with the dish. In terms of the LNB, I use to put dish output 2 cable from the sky box into the LNB and then once done watching whatever I was watching I would unplug the cable from the openbox and put it back in to the sky box, honestly I'm not very technical so I don't know if you mean LNB disconnected from the box or the dish

Try discounting a cable from the back of your Q box and plug it directly into your V8 and see if that works

Did the exact same thing with the sky q as I did with the old version of sky and it still comes back with no signal

I just googled no signal on freesatbox after upgrading to skyq and found this
Code:
 http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/SkyQ-and-sky-hd/td-p/2435421
It looks like the lnb isn't compatible

The Sky Q receiver uses FBC tuners (Full Band Capture) or something similar so the LNB is not a standard Ku-Band type, it uses something similar to a Unicable LNB which sends all Horizontal frequency's down one cable and all the Vertical down the other. This is how it has around 15 tuners available for itself.

The bad news it is not compatible with any other KU band system so you will need to install a separate dish and KU band lnb for your Openbox

This is going to be a big problem for loads of people that do the same as you upgrading to skyq but having the openboxes for the odd sports and ppv events

Its bad news for the Home user as the LNB is changed to facilitate the new functions of the Sky Q receiver it also means no more cables for multiroom as the extra Sky Q receivers (Multiroom) get there tuners from the main Sky Q box (Virtual Tuners).

Thats why its possible to have extra receivers and also on your iPad/tablet all at the same time. Without the need for more cables around the home

Anyone upgrading should just say that they want a new dish if using new lnb. According to sky all hardware becomes the subscribers property after year in contract so shouldnt be massive issue. So old dish for stbs and new for sky q

Don't think they have changed the dish, it looks as if they have changed (I don't know what's its called, so bear with me) the bit where the cables come out of it, I use to have 4 spaces now I have 2. They said the reason for that is because multi room doesn't require any cables

Yeh thats the lnb.
For anyone else id suggest making them do a full new dish/lnb/cables while leaving existing setup as is.

Where was you before I got it installed?? Haha, just spoke to a engineer regarding a hybrid LNB not sure what that is but said it should solve the problem

Where was you before I got it installed?? Haha, just spoke to a engineer regarding a hybrid LNB not sure what that is but said it should solve the problem

You should have requested this in the first instance and i would advise any other users who have an official subscription and are thinking about upgrading to the Sky Q system. When you order explain to them that you also have a freesat system in place in another room and do not want to lose this function, They will then inform installer on your Upgrade day to install the Hybrid Sky Q/ Standard LNB for use on both systems.

As for the dish cabling etc.. a mate told me who use to subby for them many moons ago they got told to change any Dish/Cabling over 12 months old for new! on any service call this so that any fault in the system is minimised to the LNB or receiver

If the new Sky Q system uses the FBC tuners would the VU+ solo 4K work off this system as I believe it has FBC tuners fitted.
This is copied from the description on WOS
"Vu+ SOLO 4K uses cutting-edge technology with it's embedded Dual FBC (Full Band Capture) tuners that enable up to up to 8 satellite signals"

If the new Sky Q system uses the FBC tuners would the VU+ solo 4K work off this system as I believe it has FBC tuners fitted.
This is copied from the description on WOS
"Vu+ SOLO 4K uses cutting-edge technology with it's embedded Dual FBC (Full Band Capture) tuners that enable up to up to 8 satellite signals"

Afraid its not the same system Sky Q uses 2 wideband feeds one uses Horizontal and the other vertical frequency with no 12v output so is incompatible with any other system, The Solo4K requires a Unicable system LNB

Back