Openbox v8s Sky Q

Smudgemaster, I have always had sky and will continue to always have sky, but I refuse to pay for bt sport and sbo, whats the problem in having both??

i have the same problem but changed 28.2e to single sat and have all channels

I am in the same position? Is it possible to get it working with the new LNB?

I upgraded to SKY Q and didn't think of the consequences . I had SKY basic for the wife and kids in the main living room but have OpenBox for Sport etc in other room.

Anyone know of a solution? Can you configure it or do you need to install an Hybrid LNB?

Thanks mate. Disappointing

I wish i would have realised before the guy left. I liked the idea of the roaming SKY Q Mini box about the house! Not enough to miss out on all the sport . This has been an error!

Try get them back, tell them you have a freeview HD receiver that you are using in a bedroom that you have just realised is not working. They might come back and change the LNB, its worth a phone call.

That phone call is taking place right now. They are away to check if its something they can put under a technical repair! Seems a few people requested the Hybrid LNB in advance for that reason

That phone call is taking place right now. They are away to check if its something they can put under a technical repair! Seems a few people requested the Hybrid LNB in advance for that reason

Anyone know the details on the Hybrid LNB I need to get for this? Product code ?

Thanks in advance

Same issue with me, had Sky Q installed during the week without realizing I needed the Hybrid LNB. Has anyone had any luck getting Sky back out to install the Hybrid LNB? How difficult would it be to self install the Hybrid LNB myself? Is it just a matter of swapping them on the dish?

Providing you don't have to do a 'Chris Bonnington' climbing on the roof. If Dish is accessible by ladder then it is just a case of swapping the LNBs over!

Hi,
I am also one of the few who fell in trap with Sky Q and Openbox. I understand from this forum that I'll need to buy a quad lnb. My question is do I need to have separate cables from the LNB for Sky Q and for Openbox or can I just use the same cables and swap between boxes.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi,
I am also one of the few who fell in trap with Sky Q and Openbox. I understand from this forum that I'll need to buy a quad lnb. My question is do I need to have separate cables from the LNB for Sky Q and for Openbox or can I just use the same cables and swap between boxes.

You can use the same cables, its just the Hybrid LNB which is needed, & its ment to be an easy install - pop one pin out & then slide the catch down & its ready to change over.

sent from the past using my Zx Spectrum

Hi,

You can use the same cables, its just the Hybrid LNB which is needed, & its ment to be an easy install - pop one pin out & then slide the catch down & its ready to change over.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll try that out. Cheers.

Further Update: I changed the LNB today and all channels are back. Thanks a lot for the helpful folks in this forum. Quite useful.

Further Update: I changed the LNB today and all channels are back. Thanks a lot for the helpful folks in this forum. Quite useful.

Can you still watch Sky Q though after you changed LNB ?

I'm not wanting to buy a hybrid LNB and I can't watch Sky ?
Of course you can watch Sly after installing the LNB hybrid, you need the hybrib or you cant watch a Zgemma or an Openbox. Think Sly are trying to block signals so you dont have a Sat box or "other boxes" in the house & have to go with there expensive subs.

Cheers.

---------- Post Merged at 07:44 PM ----------

Is there a particular hybrid I need to purchase and buying the hybrid does this mean I can have 2 boxes running simultaneously ?

Last edited:
Cheers.

---------- Post Merged at 07:44 PM ----------

Is there a particular hybrid I need to purchase and buying the hybrid does this mean I can have 2 boxes running simultaneously ?
Depends what boxes you are using? A Zgemma h.2s box has 2 feeds & an Openbox V8S only takes one feed. The standard Sly Hybrid i linked above this post has 6 feeds but ive seen Hybrid Lnb's on Amazon which are cheaper & have 8 feeds?

Hi guys I have sly upgrade on the 17th this month t0 Q
I also have openbox what do I need to tell them?

1 more question if possible please,
I have 2 cables in the back of sly box which I remove 1 to put into openbox the sky still works but sometimes it stops sky working, and I need to swap the cable into the other slot? not all the time just when it wants to
thanks again

Back