Openbox v8s Sky Q

Tell them you have or are thinking of buying a HD freesat receiver for a bedroom/second room. They will fit a hybrid LNB which will have ports for your new sky Q and spare ports for you openbox. I would put a new cable from the dish to your openbox. No more faffing with cables again

I've got the same problem...

Anyone had any joy getting Sky back out? My dish is accessible from a ladder so could probably give it a go myself. Any recommendations as to which to buy? Won't affect my SkyQ?

Thanks in advance.

I've got the same problem...

Anyone had any joy getting Sky back out? My dish is accessible from a ladder so could probably give it a go myself. Any recommendations as to which to buy? Won't affect my SkyQ?

Thanks in advance.
If you can get it done yourself this is the one sly put on - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/75...lnb+hybrid&dpPl=1&dpID=41Gf0mprS9L&ref=plSrch

& its just one bolt then you slide the catch down & it unclips, re-insert the cables on the new lnb hybrid & your good to go!

Just thought id mention that last time i has sly installed i was told they dont put the hybrid on anymore & are starting to get into trouble for putting them on peoples dishes, probably trying to cut down on the openboxs being used. I had to really pester my sly man to put an lnb hybrid on mine (it cost me a few beers but it was well worth it!).

Hope this helps a few who are in the dark about the sly q lnb instalations.

sent from the past using my Zx Spectrum

Thanks for the reply!

I've just ordered this one...

Iten 272378429364 from eBay (sorry not allowed to post url's as I'm new to site.

Hopefully will do the job.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply!

I've just ordered this one...

Iten 272378429364 from eBay (sorry not allowed to post url's as I'm new to site.

Hopefully will do the job.

Thanks again.
Yes by the looks of that it will be fine, think its the same as i have on mine & the same as in the link i left too.

I need 1 also. Before I purchase I have a question.. Before I upgraded to skyq I had an openbox which I used by unplugging 1 of the 2 shotgun cables that Was on the sky+ box and plugged into the openbox. If I changed to the hybrid LNB would 1 of the 2 cables in my skyq box work for the open box or would I need a 3rd seperate cable for theopen box from the lnb?

I need 1 also. Before I purchase I have a question.. Before I upgraded to skyq I had an openbox which I used by unplugging 1 of the 2 shotgun cables that Was on the sky+ box and plugged into the openbox. If I changed to the hybrid LNB would 1 of the 2 cables in my skyq box work for the open box or would I need a 3rd seperate cable for theopen box from the lnb?
Yes mate the cable will work fine with no problems, you just need a hybrid lnb otherwise it wont work through the dish.

Thnx... I had visions of needing to route a 3rd cable on... will need to purchase 1 now. I was 1 of the knaive people who just assumed skyq upgrade wouldnt change things with the openbox.

Thnx... I had visions of needing to route a 3rd cable on... will need to purchase 1 now. I was 1 of the knaive people who just assumed skyq upgrade wouldnt change things with the openbox.
Well i think there trying to faze off Openboxs & stuff (possibly?) thats why there not too happy about putting hybrid lnbs on, stops the cheaper bills & less customers going else where. I only found out when looking on a forum about 30mins before the Sly engineer turned up! Lucky enough he put an LNB hybrid on mine, so i made sure he left with a few of my beers for good mesures

Hi Guys
Just upgraded my s** hd box to s** Q ,i currently run h2s & f5 boxes, hybrid lnb fitted by s**
I use to use 1 feed from the old hd box & and another old existing to my h2s , both feed to h2s which left single feed to s** box, then used loop to fire up f5" all good"
When i now remove one feed from Q box for h2s i get no Q signal????
Has Q box got to run on 2 feeds or is there away round it? As ive disabled one tuner on h2s for time being
Guidance appreciated
XxDawn

Pretty sure the Q needs two, ive not tested but it probably does cause you can record 5or6 things at once so i think one cable would put strain on it

Your post said you tried to run a feed from your Sky Q box but got no signal.

My understanding of the hybrid LNB is that it has 6 feeds/ports. 2 wideband that are specifically for a Sky Q box, therefore won't work in any other. And, 4 high/low band feeds/ports that allow you to connect your other boxes!

Thankyou
my problem is
Has Q box got to run on 2 feeds
so the connection off the q feed wont work on h2s is this correct
idledawn

I'm a little new to this scene,

However reading back a few posts your sky Q will receive the horizontal signal from one cable and vertical another..

This could be the cause of the Sky Q not working when you unplug the second cable.

If you tell them when ordering you use freesat in other rooms they will for a hybird lnb at no extra charge

Lnb

If you tell them when ordering you use freesat in other rooms they will for a hybird lnb at no extra charge

I just ordered SkyQ and told the sales assistant I needed a hybrid LNB so I can still use the Freesat and he said he couldn't arrange that and that I'd have to ask the engineer but didn't think the engineer would do it for me. Could you just confirm that if I want to have SkyQ, an openbox and a freesat box that I will need a LNB with 6 outputs?

It seems sly are being funny about fitting hybrid LNB's now.
One of my work colleagues had a run in with an engineer recently, he was told if you want me to fit a hybrid LNB then I have to report you for having an illegal receiver, take photos of the "illegal receiver" even though it isn't connected to the internet and was never switched on to determine whether in fact it was being used in any other way than a freeview HD receiver.

Just wondered if you resolved this as I now have the same issue? Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Thankyou
my problem is
Has Q box got to run on 2 feeds
so the connection off the q feed wont work on h2s is this correct
idledawn

Did you manage to sort this? I now have the same issue? Thanks

Back