Opinions please on new box

steviegard

Hey folks. I have an Openbox V5s. Its sound but i fancy a new one with a better interface (slybox layout) and runs a mg cam. I have am android box so the receiver box would only be used for live tv. My budget is £150. Any suggestions?

a zgemma h2s is a very good enigma 2 twin tuner budget box and should be good for your needs plus its only half of your budget, you could buy an external hard drive to record to with some of the cash that's left over

Jags... That setup you mentioned above is the best cheap buy.. all day long.. I use the same box for vermin and never had a problem.. Ted

It is a good set up but you will find now with the exchange rate that you will get a openvix supported box for around the same price witha 2 year warrenty and a much better spec (edision mini)

Go for a zgemma h2s get it blank add a build from here easy enough to add that way you understand how the box works. Add a warranty and external hdd and still can leave £20 odd quid in your pocket

Edision OS Mini twin tuner, £99 plus a Hdd to record to say £30

Similar spec to the H2S and £20 more expensive but I would go for

a box officially supported by Openvix all day long over the Zgemma

2 Yr warranty, and good support.

There aren't many people who switch to a Zgemma after using an officially supported box.

@nickyd186, just out of interest how much is a warranty for a Zgemma and how long does it last ?

Zgemma H2S as others have suggested, £80+Delivery direct from our sponsor on here. Then flash it with Ipab or alternative (found in the download section) ... You can also add wifi and hard disk for recordings etc if required.
Hope that helps

I agree with Bees a box officially supported by Vix. Once vix is installed it is just a case of updating the image every now and again which can be done online. plus the 2 year warranty for a extra £20.00.

Cheers folks. Edision and zgemma both work with my current Nline? And have slybox layout? Sorry for the stupid questions

@bees depends on who you get it off and how long you want it for

Can't you give us a ballpark figure, i'm just trying to get a cost which is near enough like for like lol

I'm only trying to compare in my head £99 for the Edision twin tuner with 2 yr warranty

vs Zgemma H2S with warranty £ ??? ( From our official sponsor will do, if they do them )

Box is £80 can't find any warranty details

Last edited:
I’ve used both ATV & VIX but can’t understand why some insist on using VIX on a zgemma, ATV works perfect & is supported so go ATV IF using a zgemma box, picture quality & speed are so close its like splitting hairs plus the vast majority wouldn’t notice the difference anyway.
IF going for Edision or a higher-grade box you have more choice in firmware so go VIX on those boxes if VIX is your firmware of choice, as for warranty I believe it’s the standard 1year return to manufacturers warranty but as zgemma's are hard to break I don’t see that’s much of an issue as even the 1st generation zgemmas are still going strong years later & they were given a hard time by VIX fans in the beginning. The only time I’ve had to return any box has been because its DOA & this isn’t limited to zgemma as I’ve already sent back 2 Edision Mega boxes this year! (the Mega is new so I expect a few teething issues).

Last edited:
Il give you warranty on the zgemma box. Just send the money over. I've got you covered

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@bees depends on who you get it off and how long you want it for

Can't you give us a ballpark figure, i'm just trying to get a cost which is near enough like for like lol

I'm only trying to compare in my head £99 for the Edision twin tuner with 2 yr warranty

vs Zgemma H2S with warranty £ ??? ( From our official sponsor will do, if they do them )

Box is £80 can't find any warranty details

Think we're talking about two different types of warranty

It depends, if you buy a washing machine do you buy the additional warranty or stick with the manufacturers warranty? if you stick to the manufacturers then why consider pay more for a box to get an extended warranty?

Personally, I would go for the Zgemma h2s with an 1TB Toshiba Canvio Basics (or similar) hdd, Zgemma £80+shipping and hdd for no more than £50. Works a treat for me.

Back