Opinions please on new box

Thats why there is different boxes to buy
You don't like it don't buy it
Doesn't mean it's not a good box because of a third party element or its not up to the persons standards

Thats why i got a diffrent boxes.
If i get asked for a budget box i get eddison so i dont buy it

The best thing about the box is wooshbuild lol

Agreed about the extrend lots of issues there aswell

All those problem posts new members or low knowledge users have with Enigma2 that are not specific to the Zgemma brand

How many other E2 boxes are there out there

Vu
Gigablue
Technomate
Edision
Mutant
Miraclebox
Extrend

To name a few, and a range of boxes within each manufacturer,how many problem posts do you see for these boxes

All these boxes are E2 and can use the same set up method, regardless of the manufacturer.

That is after all the idea of third party firmware isn't it ?

Putting all these together they still don't add up to the amount of posts in the "various" Zgemma E2 sections lol

Correct me if i'm wrong, are not most of these boxes in a higher price bracket, apart from edison maybe, so more likely to be used by more experienced users who know their way round a box rather than newbies who tend to have more questions / problems?

Correct me if i'm wrong, are not most of these boxes in a higher price bracket,

Depends how you look at it, Zgemma is the cheapest E2 box I can't argue with that.

But it doesn't mean the other boxes are all higher end in the way of price, they all have a place in the market, from slightly
more expensive to top dollar, the choice is yours.

Your not trying to say you wouldn't go for one of these without having owned another box first are you ?

With the price of the H5S being so close to some of the other boxes I would seriously be considering alternatives.

If they are all E2 boxes why is the Zgemma the odd one out ?

Why is the set up "model specific" maybe this is why there are so many problems.

Correct me if i'm wrong, are not most of these boxes in a higher price bracket,

Depends how you look at it, Zgemma is the cheapest E2 box I can't argue with that.

But it doesn't mean the other boxes are all higher end in the way of price, they all have a place in the market, from slightly
more expensive to top dollar, the choice is yours.

Your not trying to say you wouldn't go for one of these without having owned another box first are you ?

With the price of the H5S being so close to some of the other boxes I would seriously be considering alternatives.

If they are all E2 boxes why is the Zgemma the odd one out ?

Why is the set up "model specific" maybe this is why there are so many problems.

I accept what you are saying but we all know a lot of people who are looking at these boxes are after something for nothing and want to pay as little as possible, ie the openbox or zgemma, rather than paying more for a box that appears to do the same thing. TBH that's why I went for the zgemma, I wanted a cheap box that may save me money, I didn't want to pay more than a month subscription that I was paying elsewhere and find things went tits up after a few weeks. That was 7 months ago and if I get to the stage I feel the need to replace it then I would consider looking at other, higher priced/spec boxes. The fact boils down to its a cheap box that once set up works well and does exactly what it says on the tin and great value for money. I just don't get why certain members just have to constantly put it down.

I don't follow what you mean with model specific?

Each box has it's own firmware available from the different firmware providers, why should the Zgemma be any different? Or isn't that what you mean?

----------------------------------------
On a side note, I thought about 4 or so months ago that Edision were going to give the Zgemma a run for it's money on the forum as more and more people were promoting them. But as Grog mentioned, users want cheap to save a few quid so think Zgemma held it's entry level box title.

Last edited:
All I was trying to say is IF the same number of NEW members posting in the zgemma section were VU, Extrend or any other Enigma2 box owners instead of the Zgemma they would be posting in the those sections, the questions & problems they are having are mostly knowledge based so the volume of posts would be the same in any Enigma2 section, it just appears that some members have decided that because the Zgemma section has so many posts this must mean the Zgemma brand is poor... The zgeema is getting a poor rep without justification which is confusing/misleading to new members looking to getting into the sat box world.

It like say some fancy sport cars if you google problems for them you won't find as many as a vw
but it doesn't make vw a bad car just more of them

the % off problems could be the same, but when there is more out there in the wild the more problems it looks to have

'you pays your money and take your choices'....

Depending on budget, requirements, features etc. these boxes do similar things. Yes, you can pay a bit more £ for supposedly superior brands eg. possibly VU+ but ultimately they do similar things to a budget box.
Others will argue that with some VU boxes you can run full Kodi but you're paying a premium for that so instead get a firestick for £25 and take it with you wherever you go.

I don't follow what you mean with model specific?

What I mean is most people buy one of the other makes of boxes and it comes pre flashed with what ever image you want, Vix Atv Pli
they just update the image over the net as updates are available.

They add the softcams and skins etc as they require. There is a generic guide on here for Vix and Atv regardless of the boxes manufacturer,
regardless of what combination of tuners the box has, so it's quite straight forward. The method stays the same.

While Zgemma users rely on "builds"

I'm certainly not knocking the work that goes into them but we now have woosh, lincsat, MT pockets, Sucmnsee and there are more builds as
the version of the original image change so newbies aren't sure what to flash their box with.

As time goes on more and more builds will be posted for the ever increasing models of box that Zgemma release

So if your box is an older model like the Zgemma 2S they get left behind and aren't supported.

Just like Starview used to bring out a new box and discard support for the older versions, so people are forced to buy a newer
model even though the box isn't that old.

Last edited:
Never used a build on my box in over a year and only had the box a just over a year

Yeah but how many do it that way ?
I bet most use a build and because they are trying to take a short cut,
they can't fix anything when they run into trouble,
hence all the posts.

I'm a big fan of DIY and don't think builds are a good idea
as you say you learn nothing

but on this site, when you get a new box and your looking help to setup, the first thing in the thread is always how good woosh is and how easy it is
so newbies are sucked in to you will be up and running in 15mins
new toy and all

Surely that's the user's fault for not doing their homework rather than the box though.

I've never directly blamed the box for anything but I have read of weak tuners on the H2H lol

but I do point out that there is loads of problem posts and the box manufacturers track record, people can make up their own mind lol

Last edited:
For what it is worth, I bought an expensive single tuner from another forum/shop site we all know for their VIX tendencies, and they have now discontinued their support for it as it was a X1000 firmware that the zgemma used. So the whole VIX are great for support doesn't wash with me.
For me I decided to see what the fuss was all about with the H2S, and it is a solid box, that allows me to watch TV and record a different channel (if I had two leads from LNB lol), pause and rewind live TV, etc, etc. can these be done with any Enigma 2 box? yes, but would I have bothered, no. The fact is, it was so easy to flash with Wooshbuild, that I took the easy way out.

For what it is worth, I bought an expensive single tuner from another forum/shop site we all know for their VIX tendencies, and they have now discontinued their support for it as it was a X1000 firmware that the zgemma used. So the whole VIX are great for support doesn't wash with me.
For me I decided to see what the fuss was all about with the H2S, and it is a solid box, that allows me to watch TV and record a different channel (if I had two leads from LNB lol), pause and rewind live TV, etc, etc. can these be done with any Enigma 2 box? yes, but would I have bothered, no. The fact is, it was so easy to flash with Wooshbuild, that I took the easy way out.

i still have your previous model xp1000 still running showing tv and ts media installed and listening to q102 lol on my 5-1,sure its an old box like the vu solo and vu duo and they might stop support for them also,september 30th was your last update on the max digital.
think we might start a fund raiser for wheelo to get an octo lnb and have fun;)

It was the SF8, but that is just splitting hairs (not that I have many left) I don't have a max digital, I have a quad LNB, but I stupidly only got one cable ran to the bedroom, and one to the sitting room, when it was being installed. If you feel like coming across and fitting an octo and a couple of cables from the roof, let me know, and I'll ensure I am home lol

I also think installing images is a huge short cut but the bloke in the pub has a mate and he has a box which does this that and the other and most new users want what the bloke in the pubs mate has. This wasn't the route I went down and I still have a custom build, it just so happens I shared it with a couple of people.

I know what you are saying Bees and do think it is just a case of using an image for ease. It will be interesting to see how many of the top end boxes get WooshBuild installed as I do more boxes. The thing is, it will always be less than the entry level boxes due to the high price being asked for a few extra bits like danlou pointed out. I have never used Kodi or Chromium on my Solo4k so the only advantage is the speed of the box vs the H2S, I can crash it just the same :-)

Back