Oscam For Openvix Guide.

Channel king sounds like you may have bought a "cheap and chearful" splitter.
Pm your address and I'll send you a free original one (just let me know how many ports)

To be fair mate the splitter might be cheap but its done its job since I had it. Not had major problems until last couple of weeks.

Whether its oscam, mysetup I dont know.

Which original one you got. Is it the VM one if so can get that of someone I know who works there.

---------- Post Merged at 06:52 PM ----------

Something really weird is happening.

On the oscam webinterface it shows both cable and sat as unknown and not connected but both lines are working. What exactly is going on?

Plus it randomly says one is connected and the other is unknown.

I've got tratec ones, as used by VM
I can't honestly say what's going on with your set up but something is a miss, whether it's it's your setup or receiver or down to the oscam set up who knows. Most people can have this up and running in 10 minutes. I would look at every point in your set up again.

Ye those are the splitters I mean. I never bothered getting one as I thought the one I have is ok. If for whatever reason I cant get hold of it now I will drop you a PM mate.

I have stressed myself over this the last few days and have gotten ill over doing this as well.

I have reflashed as well, done the whole oscam setup who knows how many times and I am having problems with freezing and glitching still and now for whatever reasons both lines are showing "UNKNOWN" in the web interface.

I hope so much its not my box thats faulty, as really cannot afford to purchase a new one.

I just run some tests in the last hour and just want some feedback please.

Basically when I am on FTA channels it shows "UNKNOWN" on the web interface but as soon as I go to a premium channel either Cable or sat side says "CONNECTED"

Is this normal way Oscam works as I thought it had to show "CONNECTED" all the time?

You will only be connected when requesting the ecms from the server, so everything is good as you say. FTA is not requesting anything from the server so it shows as unknown until you switch onto a premium channel

Aright thank you mate for the explanation.

I was under the impression that it was meant to stay connected all the time.

So that is resolved.

I assume though both cable and sat wont say "CONNECTED" at the same time will it or am I wrong.

Wish I could get to the bottom of why some channels on cable glitch/freeze so much.

Last edited:
Can't answer that sorry, there can be so much to getting cable running correctly, it took me a while to get my set up correct.
Some people are lucky and have great signal and decent wiring, others have inherited wiring that's been adapted, messed around with etc.
What is important is to determine whether you have freezing or glitching?
Freezing being the server or glitching being the setup or dodgy tuner.

Oh I thought glitching/freezing were down to the same cause.

I have had new wiring about 10 years ago all in the house so dont think wiring is problem.

Plus looking at signal level when pressing ok button twice it seems ok and signal/power levels generally seem balanced so not too weak or too strong.

Whether my setup is the problems I dont know how I will work that out I also dont know.

Its tough at the moment and its just making me feel down every time these problems.

Any thanks for all your help throughout "dangerous".

hello guys plugged in my mutant 51hd came with open vix on it now what do i lol i am complete and utter noob and i am really paranoid about bricking the box. how do i know if i need a N or C line ? have single feed from VM. SO CONFUSED :(

right im at this point:

Now at the top look for the tab/word Files, click this and then a sub menu will appear, click on oscam.server, in here you will see the examples that I've put in for you, its set up for 2 lines, but you can add more or just run one, edit these with your own details. There's a comma between the server address and port, this must remain, be careful not to delete by accident

by own details its refering to the line right ?

Yes, if you look at the colored text it's an example of how to enter "your own details"
Please don't post any of your details on this site, just keep it to dummy details or xxxx's

That's your choice, the answer is really a good one, examples are for N lines but c lines work too with ccccam reader, post in the server request thread and test them and see. Cable one if you just have cable.

AAHHHHHH i thought lines had to be a specific one.

slowly slowly i getting there LOL

thanks for your asistance so far

thank you thank you thank you gmangt4... following your guide with vu uno4k worked a treat after nearly ripping my hair out

Back