Picture Setup ??

gimp

Hi Guys

Just invested in the ZGEMMA STAR box, all in working order, but most of the channels are like cinema scope size (4:3)
Can anyone please give me advice on how to change the picture setting

Got a problem with $ly movies channels. Setup is fine with all other channels but $ly movies are vertically stretched. Setup is all on auto vmodes. Sports all fine, entertainment channels all fine, Film4 and other movie channels in the Movies bouquet all fine. Just $ly movies wrong. Any ideas anyone?

I'm using OpenATV 4.2 (started out as MTPockets excellent build but a bit tweaked now)

Just got my zgemma today everything good but I can't seem to get graphics to fit screen eg the EPG the sly from sly sports is not in pic the video is fine when
Ta

Thanks dbobd, but letterbox setting causes all the other channels which appear in the correct ratio to go all squashed. I suspect its how the $ly movies are broadcast.

Pan&Scan setting means you lose too much of the image, and auto causes the image to jump about as it hunts through all kinds of output settings. It really needs a Full Wide option and leave it at that.

Yeah, seems to make no difference. Is there a way to hack the box to give it custom vmode sizes? A script on there somewhere? The Auto mode works fine on everything but movies, where really I just want to have a "force 1920x1080 resolution and dont try to be f@#%ing clever" option where the box doesnt try to 2nd guess.

Have you tried turning "auto" off in your TV as as sucmnsee says 1080i, 50hz, both next settings to just scale works best on every set up I have ever done but some peoples TV's can go into a loop trying to find the what it thinks is best format, my panny plasma can do this but my other TV's don't

I've got a Samsung 51" 3D plasma. I have fiddled with the native screen modes on there too, and that doesnt seem to make any difference either.

I'll keep on fiddling.... just call me Nero!

I've got a Samsung 51" 3D plasma. I have fiddled with the native screen modes on there too, and that doesnt seem to make any difference either.

I'll keep on fiddling.... just call me Nero!

Hi RTR1879
did u fix this issue? I know its an old thread but looked everywhere, changed all my settings to the recommendations and my tele settings but SD pic is terrible.

i had a problem with screen adjustment and fixed it but now since a reflash its gone back to picture to large,there was a menu where i can adjust the screen to fit bu cant seem to find it now, zgemma h2s, can anyone help please?

Back