PLEASE , SOMEBODY MUST KNOW...

My box has stated a software problem after a few years and no changes made, it says it will shut down in 10 seconds for a software update but this never completetes, some channels are in HD but have audio description, others don't work at all, always a problem either Tuner failed or timed out. Please,please help

sorry,
my crystal ball has stopped working
so, I have no idea what your box is, what image you are using, or if this is really a sat problem, or iptv or cable,,,,,
please try and give us some help by actually telling us what the issue is

I would go with a reflash and set the box up from scratch,Wooshbuild is a good starting point

I get your point but I bought the thing set up identically to virgin. I'm not even getting free channels, surely if I do as you suggest I'll lose everything. If ive got a lot of the correct channels coming through it can't be a big problem. It does clearly mention a software update, aswell as no SID in PAT.

I get your point but I bought the thing set up identically to virgin. I'm not even getting free channels, surely if I do as you suggest I'll lose everything. If ive got a lot of the correct channels coming through it can't be a big problem. It does clearly mention a software update, aswell as no SID in PAT.
It being setup identically to virgin takes seconds to do. It's just a skin. All you need to have is a copy of your line. If you download a build, there is a tutorial that will have you up and running in 20 mins or less.

I would love to know how, honestly. I don't know any c lines etc. I've had boxes for years but can't understand this. Thanks for the help though

If I understand your question vix which I bought with a v.m 'gift'
Vix does not support zgemma so i would not online update or you could brick the box,The only real thing you need is a copy of your gift/line or any iptv details and the box could be reflashed,The software is pretty old now and could do with updating,Have you tried rescanning the channels

I would love to know how, honestly. I don't know any c lines etc. I've had boxes for years but can't understand this. Thanks for the help though
If you have a pc/laptop and a usb stick, you can do it. I bought my first ever zgemma box last week and had it fully setup from start to finish in under 30 mins, using a tutorial on here. The person you bought your gift from will have a copy of your line. Get it from them and flash you box yourself. I did it with no experience and it was a lot easier than I thought.

The audio problem may well need a reflash to fix,A couple of things you can try

1) Go into tuner configuration and autobouquets maker and scan from there
2) Press the audio button on the remote and set to english

If you have a pc/laptop and a usb stick, you can do it. I bought my first ever zgemma box last week and had it fully setup from start to finish in under 30 mins, using a tutorial on here. The person you bought your gift from will have a copy of your line. Get it from them and flash you box yourself. I did it with no experience and it was a lot easier than I thought.
Can get his gift details off the box if it has dream explorer in plugins

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks moshibeth. I don't know why others are so confused. It states a software update is needed. No way would you get sky football but not channels 1-4. I simply need that update

you are the one that is confused
not answering questions properly
do you get channels 1-5 SD ,?
NO I GET SD CHANNELS 1-4

Last edited by a moderator:
Flash it with wooshbuild which is openatv and supports zgemma,You can add you line/gift via the usb cam importer,Download the virgin skin and you will have the same look but an updated box,Make sure you have a copy of your line details first,Go into softcams and see which cam is showing as active

Pressing buttons is no task for this ge
Flash it with wooshbuild which is openatv and supports zgemma,You can add you line/gift via the usb cam importer,Download the virgin skin and you will have the same look but an updated box,Make sure you have a copy of your line details first,Go into softcams and see which cam is showing as active
How, What, Where and how please

Menu/settings and look for softcams and go on there and you will see cccam 2.3.0 or mgcamd 1.3.8 in most cases,See which as showing as active

I have just realised I'm able to do nothing as the Autobouquetmaker that's been on screen for about 20 mins stating Timeout for tuner lock. Does anybody actually know how I can get the channels back that I had last week? It's 9/10ths working I just need some guidance

Back