Plex & IPTV on one device possible ?

Nvidia Shield is very good, but very expensive. I will admit for IPTV only it is overkill. Kodi runs faster than any other box I have used, but even that is not really worth almost £200.

I have seen Plex running on one though and it was impressive.

i use plex everyday on my enigma boxes using dreamplex and along side my iptv xtream editor lines,works perfect.

I also use Dreamplex on my E2 box with no issue. Conventional Plex also works fine within Kodi on my E2 box (though not many E2 boxes can run Kodi).

Both plex and iptv work fine on my 2nd gen Firestick.

Specifying a plex server for viewing your own assorted media on your own plex clients around the house is a different matter. For that you will need something more powerful, probably intel cpu based (like a nuc / laptop, to limit power consumption), with Passmark over 2k for transcoding purposes.

if your looking at getting a plex sub,some providers have iptv within plex ,There is also a plugin that you can put your own m3u on too

if your looking at getting a plex sub,some providers have iptv within plex ,There is also a plugin that you can put your own m3u on too

Problem is, no matter how many times you post in the request forum, no-one replies for a Plex sub.

Problem is, no matter how many times you post in the request forum, no-one replies for a Plex sub.
I have just bought a plex sub although teranium tv is very good just click and play is much better.

Not sure why people pay for Plex, Just get a portable hard drive and download what you want to watch from torrent sites then plug it into what ever device whether it be an android box or smart TV.

Will cost you barely anything.

Not sure why people pay for Plex, Just get a portable hard drive and download what you want to watch from torrent sites then plug it into what ever device whether it be an android box or smart TV.

just because i am lazy really. For roughly £3 a month i cannot be bothered to download stuff.

I would be interested to compare Plex to my current setup, I'm using Terrarium/Kodi with a Real Debrid account, but the cheapest Plex I can find is £59 a year and I don't want to pay that out and realise it's a waste of time.

I pay £40.00 a year but don't bother paying real debrid anymore. Works well for me just click and play. terranium is good for a free service but by the rime you factor in the real debrid account you might as well pay for a plex server. Kpdi is no good anymore.

I'll post in the request thread again, hopefully get some responses this time.

If you download torrents then surely you should be using a VPN, which costs money, or leave yourself open to threats from ISP????

Last edited by a moderator:
If you download torrents then surely you should be using a VPN, which costs money, or leave yourself open to threats from ISP????

ISPs dont care anymore.

I've downloaded torrents for years now and only had threats once but that was when o2 were an ISP.

ISPs dont care anymore.

I've downloaded torrents for years now and only had threats once but that was when o2 were an ISP.
You are correct in thinking if you just download something your isp may not be bothered. however, the whole point of torrents is once you have downloaded something you also let it upload as well, this is called seeding and helps others and speeds up downloads. That is the bit that the isp is interested in and that is why you use a VPN. The whole point of torrents is for everybody to help each other otherwise the system fails

You are correct in thinking if you just download something your isp may not be bothered. however, the whole point of torrents is once you have downloaded something you also let it upload as well, this is called seeding and helps others and speeds up downloads. That is the bit that the isp is interested in and that is why you use a VPN. The whole point of torrents is for everybody to help each other otherwise the system fails

I disable seeding. Always have done.

yes but you pay for seedbox accounts that is not the same as using torrent sites as stated in your original post "why pay for plex" They are the same thing as news groups we used back in the day.

yes but you pay for seedbox accounts that is not the same as using torrent sites as stated in your original post "why pay for plex"

Do you even know what a seedbox is?

Its a server that seeds 24/7 with data center connection speeds.

Theres no reason for me to seed on my 10mbps connection if theres a data center doing it at 1gbps

yes i know what they are. But they are not free to use what i am getting at you said why pay for plex? But you are paying for your seed box and i agree with you you if i was paying for a service i would not upload either.

Back