TO A
BANG AND OLUFSEN
Sound bar. Mag.
and 2nd gen
Firestick..
Anyone suggest good quality

HDMI interconnects ..
Stuss

a cheap hdmi is as good as a expensive one there all digital signals 1 & 0 you just pay for the gold connectors on a more expensive one tbh

a cheap hdmi is as good as a expensive one there all digital signals 1 & 0 you just pay for the gold connectors on a more expensive one tbh
Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

i will still argue there is a difference and will use a quality one over a cheap one to get a better razor sharp image rather than a blurred one.
i went overboard in buying everything monster,starting from green power home theatre protection with everything connected.

As far as I’m aware it works or it doesn’t

But I wouldn’t buy the cheapest of the bay
A good thick cable is a good start.

i will still argue there is a difference and will use a quality one over a cheap one to get a better razor sharp image rather than a blurred one.
i went overboard in buying everything monster,starting from green power home theatre protection with everything connected.
The chap who sold myself the set up advised to spend 12% of the value of the sound bar tv on cabling.
I Bought one from currys many years ago. That was £70 couldn't tell the difference. But this tv is a bit special.
I could just buy 2. One cheap and 1 expensive and meet in the middle

I deffo wouldnt spend over 20£ on one,
its purely snake oil imo, expensive leads are good, but how good that you will notice a difference to justify £50.?
a supermarket or currys etc will sell you a 5quid lead for 20£
and some 'unbranded' leads are perfectly viable, its simply a name brand with the branding removed, as long as you hit lucky and get a decent one,
I dont think any of my HDMIs have 'names' on them, just generic stuff, and good enough picture for me on my 4K TV

If I can find the link there is a electrical engineer from a university comparing HDMI leads.
He has a £2 one and a Very expensive monster one.(both the same type of lead1.4) He was showing a how the signal goes from one end of the lead to the other.
The end result was they both performed exactly the same.
It is well known in the industry these expensive ones are a marketing gimmick.

If I can find the link there is a electrical engineer from a university comparing HDMI leads.
He has a £2 one and a Very expensive monster one.(both the same type of lead1.4) He was showing a how the signal goes from one end of the lead to the other.

I agree with that in general,
tho, there are some really cheap and nasty pure CR4p leads out there that arent even worth weighing in,,,,,
and some are a lot more than 2£

It is well known in the industry these expensive ones are a marketing gimmick.
I bought a heavy sonic link hdmi cable
Was expensive but it was the weight.
It actually damaged the HDMI port on my tv. Wobbling it around it work intermittently..
Not going down this route with B&O
Tv. the price B&O quoted were just silly. Hence coming on TK ppl are not judgmental and honest

holy shit
they are almost on par with russ andrews, snake oil seller extraordinaire
If ican tell the difference and long life i dont mind paying.. but as i have found out expensive does not mean better quality..

when i bought speaker cables for my klipsch speakers and onkyo amp they look like very long car battery jump start cables as thick as my little finger,one day my windows will pop out.

when i bought speaker cables for my klipsch speakers and onkyo amp they look like very long car battery jump start cables as thick as my little finger,one day my windows will pop out.
speaker cables are a lot different,
as large a csa and multi strand as is practical,
up to 200w rms, and 2.5mm csa is more than adequate for home use, multistrand is better, tri-rated is preferrable, shielded even better,
my own el cheapo surround is wired in cheap multi-strand bell wire that I had lying in the shed, lol :grin:
its only about 20w [rms], but its never up anywhere close to that, I think I'd blow the little speakers, as well as my eardrums,,,,,,,
btw, most surround manufacturers are very economical about outputs, they simply add everything together and use that, rather than the actual proper output,

EDIT : all this oxygen free shit etc, you are NEVER going to notice any difference at home, and unless you have the means to properly terminate it, then its a complete waste of money.
[ btw, I worked in recording studios, to a spec supplied by others, and heard a lot of home truths by guys that know their stuff, also done rigging for a few years, now, they were BIG audio cables, 240mm+ and the rest, thats about 4-6" diameter per speaker.!!! ]

Back