Rip off car insurance

whether you go direct or comparison sites it doesnt make much difference you end up paying more. Rather stick to the public transport, but like insurance prices its going to come to a point where people wont be able to afford them

The bloomin Virgin Train prices have gone up too..

Damn so thats Virgin Trains/Virgin Mobile/Virgin Broadband/Virgin TV/Virgin Phone I use. I depend on them alot :whistling:

Back on topic. lol I think I will have forgotten how to drive by the time I get insured, at the moment, i'm being ambitious and seeing the positive side to walking, which will only last so long as I'm not walking to another city on a daily basis. lol

her a single bus journey is £2.20 no matter how many stops. If you need 2 buses to work and back thats like £8.80 PER day x that by 20 for a month if you work 5 days a week £176 per a month - maybe cheaper with an Oyster card, a 1 day travel card to london from here b4 9.30am is £15 -after is £8.00. Hubby pays like £200 pm for his travel card. If he took the car he would have petrol car park AND the congestion charge to pay - so which is cheaper????

stay well awaynfrom eco car insurance dan bunch ow cheating WA@@ers sent a copy of my no claims bonus to them on 6 different occasions and they claim i have`nt, locked in for a year as they do it by loan roll on feberuary.

Leemoo said:
they probably had your debit card details from last time you insured with them and if you dont let them know your changing to some other insurance company they will automaticaly take money again
Yeh a mate said that to me over the weekend so I think thats what must have happened. Only way really.

Left my security token at home so can't check what bank has said but I'm pretty confident that they have used my debit card as you said. Hope so anyway lol.

Yeh a mate said that to me over the weekend so I think thats what must have happened. Only way really.

Left my security token at home so can't check what bank has said but I'm pretty confident that they have used my debit card as you said. Hope so anyway lol.
Check with your bank IF they had the right to do that If not then tell the ins co that you want comp for taking without 1st letting you know! contact the ins ombudsman - or at least tell the insurance that thats whay your going to do!

Gotta say, I would be more than mightily PI$$ED off if a bank made a payment that they shouldn't have, my advice is go to the branch and run amok and scream and shout

i read somewhere that insurance premiums may be coming down, when i read it i started laughing, like they really will come down. More likely to be going up and up for years to come

Check with your bank IF they had the right to do that If not then tell the ins co that you want comp for taking without 1st letting you know! contact the ins ombudsman - or at least tell the insurance that thats whay your going to do!

The bank has confirmed what has been said already. If they have your card details then they don't have the power to stop any payments from it. The only way is to cancel the card!
Nice idea about saying I want comp because they have taken it without knowledge but I think they may just say that as soon as I informed them that the money taken was unauthorised then they had it back the same day.
If I had incurred charges through overdraft then I'd like to think that I could get them back but I haven't so probably get fobbed off.

well Leemoo at least you found out the reason and KNOW in future. But i do think its disgusting that banks allow this. Not everyone ones checked their bank everyday or see things like that! Banks SHOULD have the power, they are looking after your money and by not having the power to stop this without 1st informing the customer is wrong.
God no wonder so many old people are scared to use banks and store money under the mattress ( or so they say)
My banking works different to some of you lol I always owe them haha!!! IF you havent got any funds in the account then they can take it, if the bank let them and you get charged OD charges you can then complain to the bank.! Savings accounts is where mine is :)

OK slightly different topic BUT thought id put it in here.

Just seen a driving instructor driving along whilst on his bloody phone!!! He could have hurt someone But would he loose his licence and liveleyhood. Its people like that that put the insurance for everyone high!!

I don't understand car insurance.
Some insurance companies charge huge amounts but then others quote prices that are really cheap compared to others.
As an example, I have zero NCB. Not because of crashes though. It's because my wife has been the main driver for the last 17 years or so with me as a named driver. But then I bought myself a car to play with. It's a 1995 Jaguar XJ6 3.2 Straight 6 with about 110k on the clock. I'm 61 and we live in an average sort of place for car crimes. I was expecting at least £1,000 for car insurance at Third Party only with £500 excess.
I got one insurance company quote by asking in the office on the High St and got a quote of £977. So I went home and filled in about 10 lots of insurance company forms, all with the same details, and sent them off.
About a week went by before I got all the replies in.
Four of them were for over £1,000 and one was over £2,300. Where do they get these prices from?
Four more were under a grand and one was just £426. I thought there must be a mistake. I mean, how can there be close to £2k difference for the same quote? So I gave them a ring and the £426 figure was correct but for £450 I could get full "Recovery" and home start for my car. So that's what I bought.

You did well there Steve, and you are right, there is no excuse for the variations of nearly two grand between quotes. It just shows that it is always a wise thing to shop around (y)

I've just been told by a relative that most insurance companies are stopping insurance for the areas B10/B11/B9 (Birmingham area).

Now I dont normally like to post nonsense on any forum, but my relative was serious when he told me, so i'll take the benifit of the doubt..

Reason: Too many claims/scams in these areas.

An update peeps.
My car ins is due next month got a renewal for my and my son from coop and its £1849.78 - not to bad as last year was around £2500. checked with them online and it was around £1998 - same company. Now the coop do aa safe driving thingy for young drivers between 17-25 wow!! that took it down to under £900, but they fit a box to your car to see how your driving. Sounds good so going to look into it.

Anyways thought id compare the Meerkat - cheapest they could give me - bearing in mind my son has had a licence a yr now and is 18 was with QUINN £5,776.15 WTF???? now thats a rip off as last year i only paid £2500 - which means after a yr of driving experiance they want to charge more than double!!!

Me on my own policy on a

PEUGEOT 106 XND 1998 1527cc Three Door Hatchback Manual Diesel (grabbed a random small car from AutoTrader)

From Quotea - cheapest:

£11,836.76 *faints*

Me on my own policy on a

PEUGEOT 106 XND 1998 1527cc Three Door Hatchback Manual Diesel (grabbed a random small car from AutoTrader)

From Quotea - cheapest:

£11,836.76 *faints*

WTF????
now look online on the coop young driver
HTML:
http://www.co-operativeinsurance.co.uk/servlet/Satellite/1228203835143,CFSweb/Page/Insurance-Car
see what they come up with for same car

whatever car you will have the premiums will just be out of reach for us to pay, regardless of what scheme they get out

Back