Rip off car insurance

Dan was that with the coop young driver - if so WOW your area really is bad! mind you a 1600 1998 is a large older car. mind you your also doing it under your name where as im doing it under mine with an added driver of 18 with 1 yrs driving exp. Suppose you could say the above is cheaper that the other quote you got :(

try look it up on say a corsa 1.2 around 2002-2005 see what you get - you dont have to put in a car reg i dont think.

We are seriously going to look into this at its under £900 and if we got for it ill get back to you in December and let you know how its going.

Linny cars like vauxhall corsa, micra, Peugeot are classed as cars that young drivers go for therefore they offer high premiums to insure them, its a fact that, i dont know why though, but they go off age, area and the type of car you had.

Linny cars like vauxhall corsa, micra, Peugeot are classed as cars that young drivers go for therefore they offer high premiums to insure them, its a fact that, i dont know why though, but they go off age, area and the type of car you had.

Thats Rubbish coz the corsa is registered to me and im certainly not young!! Older people also have corsas and micras.

Insurance works on bands rather than age, so no matter what age you are if the car is classed as a group 2 its a group 2 or a group 8 but they also work on age and experiance. Although you could be 40 and only have 6 months driving experiance - its all taken into account along with the area you live in.
The reason young drivers go for corsas is the band they are in they tend to be group 1-3 insurance like the Peugeot - i know thats between a grp 1-3

gotmsome good news on my car insurance today (once i replace the starter motor) new insurance using Hastings is £296 fully comp, alot better after :getting mugged by ECO car insurance this time last year which as i insured my ex partner cost me £1200. looking forward to cancelling that.:)

Thats good Dee we are with Hastings and that is due in march!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

That sure is a drop in price, maybe it was worth splitting up after all :dunno: :smoke rings:

Ive just realise that my car insurance for me and george on his corsa 1.2 was NOT covered for communting to and from work.
George recently managed to get a job - 12 hrs a week in Sainsubrys. Didnt think about looking at what we were insured for.

Last night it suddenly came to me ( maybe due to the snow and ice). So rang them this morning.
Its just cost me £43 extra to cover us ( or George as i dont work) for commuting to/from work from now until Nov.

Whats peed me off even more is around £15 is Admin charge. RIP off or what!!!! all the bloke had to do was ADD commuting to and from work.

Some insurance policies auto cover you for that but nope not the co-op. As if £1900 a yr was not bad enough!!!
Only good thing is hes 19 next month so when policy is due in Nov it "should" be cheaper!!!

So glad hes not on hubby insurance lol! - thats due next month and hoping thats going to be cheaper this yr.

hubbys car ins is due this month! looked up the co-op who i am with and it doubled. so think im going to stick with Hastings who are about £50 dearer than last yrs - not to bad as everything has gone up!

any amount of saving you can make Linny is a bonus - Insurance companies are just vultures!

The main reason your premiums is high is because, Insurance companies together with claim management companies, recovery companies, solicitors, barristers, court costs, medical consultants and doctors, and other vultures makes TON and TONS of money everytime someone has an accident.

Also go onto a road and actually count the number of young drivers there aren't many. I used to work for a recovery and had dealings with claim companies for 2 years and about 95% of accidents were over aged 25 years mostly they were in 30's or 40's. I dont think I even attended to anyone under the age of 20.

We used to bill the insurance companies for recovery at extortionate amount of money and for daily storage charges, by the end of the week it used to be for £300 plus.

Yes, they do bust the odd asian claim management companies here and there and make a big deal on news. Then why dont your insurance premiums come down?

They are just pawns, there are bigger players. Its corporate fraud on a massive scale and we joe bloggs will moan but in the end we will pay the premiums.

If all the young drivers stopped driving tomorrow your insurance premium would not come down. Infact it will probably go up, how do you think they are going to plug the missing thounds?

Those that work in the insurance industry - You know you are making a killing :no no:

Also go onto a road and actually count the number of young drivers there aren't many
i disagree with that. where i come from there are lots of young drivers - most of which take their cars to school/college /uni or work.
so if your saying 95% of accidents are 25+ why do they sting young drivers (17-25) for insurance

your post doesnt seem to make much sense to be honest!

I am pleased YES pleased to say ive have just seen a street full of coppers pulling cars over. on the way back up the road there was a sign saying seizing uninsured vehicles. They stopped lots of vehicles, some of which ended up on the low loader - not happy young lads that were standing there talking to the coppers!!

Good gets those idiotic uninsured car drivers off the road.
Yes car insurance is expensive but we ALL have to pay it and if you dont they pinch ya car :)
Do they stil lcrush them - hope so as it teachs people a lesson!!!

Don't they have a period of time like 14 days to collect the car + pay fees (per day) its been inpounded and if they don't collect in that time they get crushed.

here is one thats gonna make you wanna scream.

about 18 months ago i was driving home and i saw 2 blokes shouting their heads off at each other. as i looked i saw 1 of the guys was a mate of mine so i pulled up. i got out of the car to see that they had been involved in an accident. my mate said he was driving down the road and the other guy (a taxi) pulled off from the left and pushed him across the road. he did not look in his mirror, pulled out and hit my mates 02 plate corsa as my mate was driving past.

then this guy had the cheek to get out and argue about it. as this was happenning we heard sirens. the taxi bloke then ran to his car, put his seat belt on and started groaning. as the policeman went over to him the taxi man said he was in severe pain and did not think he could get out of the car. WHAT A T**T. i told my mate to get some witnesses and also tell the insurance company that i was there.

Two months ago we went to court. the taxi man had 4 witnesses. all taxi drivers
my mate had 3 witnesses and me
my mates barrister totally annihilated the taxi man and his witnesses. then it came to compo. my mate got paid £3450
then the court asked my mates barrister his costs. would you believe it. the barrister asked for costs of £36000. thats not a typing error. thirty six thousand pounds.

but you can see insurance barristers earned their money (not)
and dodgy taxi drivers?? you have been warned people be very careful. i would be happy for cctv in my car

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

Also
i am in birmingham and i have found that zurich connect can usually beat others in price for insurance
if you can find equity red star then they used to be good.
if anyone knows a cmpetitive insurer then let us know please

i just had my insurance quote through for next year. £1150 for a 2004 megane
£200 more than last year
other quotes are more expensive than the car
my other car for business use is insured at £650 and i put 1000 plus miles on it a week
i have just put my house up for sale

can anyone tell me of a good insurer in birmingham?

:(:(:(:(:(:(

erm probably none for that area! they are going up more n more.

i cna understand why sometimes.
my neighours lad 17 passed his test looked at getting a 1.2 corsa finally they got ins of £3000 but with the little black box, best they could get for his age. now the lad to me is a bit of a one, anyway i saw him pull up in this 03 corsa - very nice. never saw it any more. asked her a week later and guess what!!!! yup he wrote it off - how "apparently" he was driving down a road with bends and miss judged it and smashed into a merc covnvertable - nice!! wrote both that and his off. Sad thing is he had had the car less than 2-3 hrs!!! the way i saw him pull off the drive said enough about his newly acquired driving skills - or the lack of them. He had had his licence for less than a week, so had NO driving skills.
As ive often said when you pass your test its a piece of legal paper that some idiot that does not know you says your legal to drive unaided and he has known you- if your lucky for about 30-40 minutes. The after you get that pass mark THATS when you learn to drive when you get in the car on your own. NOT with all ya mates in the back.

well that explains my theory on why insurance has gone up. Kids on the road that think they know it all. they forget that having someone next to them and dual controls is much bigger than they think

Hey Linny,
Get off the fence and say what you mean about these newly passed drivers (obvious exceptions apply(y))LOL

Back