sd card setup

lee benson

hi guys trying to initializing my sd card but keep getting a error message

what format sould the card be fat32 or ntfs,,,,,,,, any info be great thanks

Last edited:
Pop in the box, initialise from the box and convert ext3 to ext4, however converting to ext4 will mean that the card cannot be read in another device as its a Linux only format. (If you're running ATV this is all done from the blue button then hard disks)

thanks for reply mtpockets iv pop the sd in to my box and when i go to initialise it,,,,, i can see it there but when i click on it it gos up to 99 then i get message error im on open atv 5.1 witch come with box any help be great im pulling my hair out now:damn:2 days now trying this:anyonethere:

Last edited:
Suspect a dodgy micro SD... Is it a decent brand from a trusted source? Try popping it in a USB cars reader in your box and try that to rule out a problematica card reader built into the box

thanks for that mtp will give it ago and its a proper micro sd hc

and what format sould the sd card be to start with ntfs or fat32 thanks

Last edited:
Make sure you restart the box after formatting the disk and putting it into the box, if you don't the box won't see it.

thanks for reply guys will give it another go ill keep u updated on progress thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mtpockets my sd card is 128gig and windows will only format to exfat and ntfs not fat32

to be honest Lee it probably doesn't make a bit of difference what format it is when you put it in.... The initialisation in the box is the key

Having the same issue

H.2S box, latest version of openVIX installed.

Tried initialising the microsd card and it gets stuck at 50% waiting for partition

I then inserted the microsd into an sd card reader then plugged that into the usb port on the front.

Managed to initialise the card using that and it mounted OK in the mount manager

Plugged the sd card back into the slot and it doesn't mount

Tried initialising again and it still gets stuck on waiting for partition

I then tried converting the filesystem to ext4 using the usb card reader and that worked ok but the sd slot does not let me mount the sd card

It reads the SD card ok as it comes up when I click initialise

Yes Openat.tv website and follow kiddacs guinea pig guide in the 2S section here on TK - instructions for setup are the same

hi guys i was wounding if some one could help me out,

as you now im new to zgemma boxs

so im all setup, folled (kiddac) genuine pigs guide every thing seams ok

so i have a 4gb micro sd card,plugins/epg/swap/timeshift/recroding
but i want to upgrade to a 64gb so how would i do this? ,,do i need to download every thing again epg/etc/and Initialise again? ??
whats the steps to follow guys
as i said before im a (totalnoob) to all this so if some one could help me or point to a guide that be great thanks

Last edited:
Back