Shield Update

My Nvidia Shield 4k has been off for quite a while. I've just plugged it in and checked the firmware it's currently on
8.2.3(32.6.518.0)
Reading through some of the above comments and issue's some are having on newer 9.0.1 FW is there anyway I can block them or stop any future updates ?

Last edited:
Another thing, in Notifications top right the latest 9.0.1 FW is sat there downloaded ready to be installed.

How the hell do you delete the upgrade file off the device ??

Based on a few comments in this thread regarding Tivimate and iptv apps playing up after updating and some saying they wish they hadn't updated their Shield.
If I can dump it like you can with a Firestick I'd sooner get rid

Based on a few comments in this thread regarding Tivimate and iptv apps playing up after updating and some saying they wish they hadn't updated their Shield.
If I can dump it like you can with a Firestick I'd sooner get rid
I have Shield Pro and Tivimate and lots of other apps that have actually improved, there were a few glitches at first but they have all been sorted out! The update is a big improvement, My Dazn Canada works flawlessly, take the plunge bud!
Android 11/12

OK sound wasn't sure thanks
Did you manage to Update to 9.1 ?
Any issues, or working as should be ?

Just updated one of my Shield's. I wouldnt say its gone smoothly.
The Update has slowed my device down. Apps are taking longer to load.

I might just re-set the device. See if this fixes the issues.
Should have just stayed on 8.2.3.
Was working fine, apart from Dazn issues.

No mine seems OK but tbh I don't use the Shield much. I'll give it a go later on

Last edited:
No mine seems OK but tbh I don't use the Shield much. I'll give it a go later on
I guess I must have been, one of the unlucky ones.
This Update is a mixed bag for some.

Iv lost count, how many times the Shield has crashed, over the past week.
Might just try to rollback to 8.2.3.

Yes. Installed the Patch.
Didnt fix the issues.

Its driving me nuts, the issues this update has caused me.
Thankfully, I didnt update the rest of my Shields.
Feel for you pal...mine bloody crashed at update stage so I had to reset it ...thankfully a hard reset and then update to one with fixes sorted mine ...took time to get everything loaded again

Has anyone been able to get there tv remote to control the shield through hdmi-cec?
I'm on 9.0.1 my shield is the 2017 one and the biggest thing ive noticed is when you fire it up the shield remote dont respond for a while 😂😂😂 but whats really weird is it dont do it everytime for some reason.
As for all the other problems with storage not being recognised and problems with plex etc ive not bothered with that side.

My update notification is still sat there on the home screen , thankfully I haven't had the balls to press OK .

Back