SKYBOX F3S F5S 131024 EPG Fix

There is a glitch on the newest f5s firmware and on this epg firmware that when ur scrolling through favourites the background video freezes, this didnt happen on previous firmware wish they would fix it, it doesnt happen on everyones box but it happens on alot.

There is a glitch on the newest f5s firmware and on this epg firmware that when ur scrolling through favourites the background video freezes, this didnt happen on previous firmware wish they would fix it, it doesnt happen on everyones box but it happens on alot.
Ya I've noticed that too. My previous firmware was from December but I think it's worth updating to this for the EPG fix. Hopefully the next update will sort out the freezing.

It has something got to with your internet connection to your line because it doesnt freeze when you're on a FTA channel and start scrolling to find another, hope it gets sorted

I did open both and got the below:

The latest one i can see is labelled "SKYBOX_F3S_F5S_3601HD_CMT_1404020580.abs"

The file in the link from the OP is labelled "SKYBOX_F3S_3601HD_CMT_14041006DA.abs"

Thats why i questioned it

So they're both one of the same?

Using comp.exe (old DOS command, but still there in Win 7)

They don't compare, that's not to say they don't do the same job but they have differences

hh0KM0S.jpg

Ok so final question...Which one actually fixes the EPG time issue...I'm of the understanding that they both do?

Ok so it's official as there is now another update out (this morning) on the .cc website which specifically states that it is a fix for the EPG summer time issue

Ok so final question...Which one actually fixes the EPG time issue...I'm of the understanding that they both do?
The first 1 out fixed the Baby tv Geo and several other channels that had audio but said scrambled . The second one out was the EPG fix

Hey i tried to load this onto my brothers f5s and it says file mismatch so im assuming its a clone as it worked on mine fine, is there anyway around this, is there an epg firmware for clones?

Can confirm EPG is fixed on mine now. I also tried updating the latest list from AJ but for some reason the box would not see the file under 'misc'...Strange that but not too fussed and would probably be best for seperate thread.

hi guys!
dumbass i know but how do i use this? i tried update by usb and im sure it worked but i still got the 1hour issue!!
can i have a noobie instruction please? skybos f5s
thanks

whoops! i must have stopped it first time! it has flashed now
sorry guys see i told you i was a noob!!
any i deas as to why i lost lfctv?? i get "invalid program search again"

Last edited:
Unzip to usb
Load file
Make sure
System Setup -->EPG Default Setting ,and Set Summer Time "ON" to correct the time

Hi new f5s user with same problem, will try this firmware fix, thanks. Also does it matter when I turn summer time on?

---------- Post Merged at 02:55 PM ----------

Sorry I didnt realise the summer time staying "on" was a probem in itself, doh.......

Hi guys, sorry this may be a bit of a dated post but I have the problem with the xmltv being an hour out but I have a libertview f5s, does anybody know if this update fix will work on my box???

Back