some help of where to start with openbox v8s please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Openbox v8S channel list

Hi, does anyone have the latest channel list for the Openbox V8S and instructions on how to upload them? I have just rescanned all the channels from the options on the box but they are all in the wrong order! :whacko:

Why don't i have a "CCcam Client Setup" option under network on my V8s? It only has "Network Setting" and "Network App".

I've plugged our open box in and it shows a screen for a few seconds and then says Mode Not Supported. What am I doing wrong? By the way, am useless with tech so need basic explanation if anyone can help?? Could it be my to is too old (was fine with sky hd box)?

Needtechhelp, it means your openbox is outputting a resolution that your tv can not handle, put a scart cable in,restart and set your resolution
on your box to match your tv

could anyone advise of where to find manual for remote control, & remote codes (Im assuming it is possible to use the rmote to also control the TV as well as the box!!) Thanks

Yeah---but don't you just love them?lol rofl
Where's the Luxton wit--never here, when you want him.
Reaper.

Hi all just setting up v8s for a mate and the firmware version is 3511hd_07_12_2014_0923 is this the latest and greatest or is there a better more up to date one?

Use post #10 here
to create the CCcam.cfg file

openbox and skybox will look very similar.

Also download the dummies guide in the first post of this thread.

You should be up and running in time for the match !!! LOL

Last edited:
Hi I am not able to see the dummies guide yet so was hoping someone could help. I have a V8S openbox but can't seem to get it to see my usb wifi ariel can anyone give me some pointers? I was hoping to try usb before going down he homeplug route? Thanks Bluedusty

Are you using one that says it's for an openbox/skybox?

Only dongles that use the Ralink RT5370 chipset will work, such as this one:-

WIFI 150MBPS WIRELESS ADAPTOR 802.11 B G N LAN NETWORK MINI USB DONGLE ADAPTER | eBay

Hi Kremmen, I am not sure I will have a look I don't think it is. Thanks for the info I think I will just bite the bullet and buy some homeplugs. I just wanted to make sure the free gift worked first before buying the homeplugs. Can anyone recommend a good set of homeplugs or does it not really matter?

Hey mate, which software did you use to open the dummys guide?

---------- Post Merged at 08:35 AM ----------

Latest Dummies Guide attached.
View attachment 12964
Reaper.

Hi reaper, I cant open your guide. What software allows me to open it up?

After the file is uncompressed it will be a .rtf file which you can open in Wordpad.

You will need to uncompress it first though. Some versions of Windows have an unzipping program included. If you don't have one built-in, you need to download a free unzip program (7 zip, IZArc etc.)

Single coax--dish lnb to lnb in on box rear.
Set up is in guide in this thread.
To set up dish---have a clear line of sight---mount dish facing south and use a sat finder to move dish to req'd sat.
Every thing is explained in this forum and you can always ask for help if you get stuck.
Reaper.

please note the next and subsequent "just posting to get the guide", or some such post will result in a one week ban.

Can a mod or admin please close this thread as far too many people are single posting just to obtain the guide but not responding to or helping forum in any viable way. They come, they take, they go,--no use to anyone.
I shall remove the guide otherwise.
Thanks.
Reaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back