Some Kryptview problem solving tips and tricks

If you can not get at an older computer j4v3d and go down the USB to serial adapter route, getting a driver that suits your laptop Bios, OS, and USB to serial adapter is the main problem. Even if device manager looks tidy this does not mean the driver is suitable and the adapter will work. Here are two links to two different USB to serial adapter drivers you can try.

Code:
http://www.tri-plc.com/USB-RS232/drivers.htm

Code:
http://www.gilsson.com/usb_drivers_download.htm

There is also a driver linked on lincast nick nacks next to the adapter entry itself

Each time you install a driver go to device manager ensuring the USB to Serial adapter is plugged in, open up PORTS (COMM\LPT), Double click the USB TO SERIAL entry, click PORT SETTINGS, click ADVANCED TAB, then set COMM PORT number to COMM 1, SAVE settings (you do not usualy have to change anything else like BAUD rate or the like). Then try and flash as per tutorial. If problems with flashing still, search for alternative drivers, install and repeat the process.

Good luck j4v3d, and if success let us know which driver worked for you bud if you go this route, wether it is one I have linked or downloaded elswhere.

jodav :)

Not sure that device in the photo will work dont even look like the correct one.

You will need this >>>
$(KGrHqVHJE!FBns4+ds1BQ,r+5Cji!~~60_35.JPG

You will also need this >>>>
$(KGrHqZHJEEE94gg)r+EBPl(i9seEQ~~60_12.JPG

which leads would you need out of interested here, that is better and people got a better result.

which leads would you need out of interested here, that is better and people got a better result.

If you dont have a comport on your PC you will need both of them, out of interest what firmware is on your box now ?? if you have the 11/11/12 on it there is no need to flash your box.

The missing channels either might not be available or your using the wrong Net Id as i have said, where did you get this from ??

Not sure that device in the photo will work dont even look like the correct one.

You will need this >>>
$(KGrHqVHJE!FBns4+ds1BQ,r+5Cji!~~60_35.JPG

You will also need this >>>>
$(KGrHqZHJEEE94gg)r+EBPl(i9seEQ~~60_12.JPG

Ive got the first USB cable wire. Where can i get the second one? Looks like a standard VGA cable lol - What's it called again RS32??

What channels are you missing ? also missing channels can also be down to the wrong Net Id selected !

What NETID does it have to be for the North West - when scanning the channels you can choose Cable And Wireless and then like Manchester. Can you just scan the channels for most the areas in the NW?

Ive got the first USB cable wire. Where can i get the second one? Looks like a standard VGA cable lol - What's it called again RS32??

What NETID does it have to be for the North West - when scanning the channels you can choose Cable And Wireless and then like Manchester. Can you just scan the channels for most the areas in the NW?

you will get both cables from ebay thats where the photos where taken from just search rs232 and you will get a list of them.

as for scanning the Net Id is not your provider your provider is C&W or NTL or TW your Net id will be numbers you will get from your subbed box, THIS is the only place to get the correct one from, guessing what is yours or was yours is no longer a valid option since vermin have updated 90% of areas now.

you will get both cables from ebay thats where the photos where taken from just search rs232 and you will get a list of them.

as for scanning the Net Id is not your provider your provider is C&W or NTL or TW your Net id will be numbers you will get from your subbed box, THIS is the only place to get the correct one from, guessing what is yours or was yours is no longer a valid option since vermin have updated 90% of areas now.

I've got one from my old starview box but it doesnt connect at the end of the USB Cable one. So im guessing it will be a different one???

Got you on the NET ID - will just have to update it manually as it wont update through the S/W Update option on the box doesn't do nothing at all.

I've got one from my old starview box but it doesnt connect at the end of the USB Cable one. So im guessing it will be a different one???

Got you on the NET ID - will just have to update it manually as it wont update through the S/W Update option on the box doesn't do nothing at all.

if you have a cable you used to use to flash your box before you have the right one and it should connect to your usb adapter, remember the usb is male and the null modem cable both ends are female, so if any of yours are not as described you have the wrong ones !!

if you have a cable you used to use to flash your box before you have the right one and it should connect to your usb adapter, remember the usb is male and the null modem cable both ends are female, so if any of yours are not as described you have the wrong ones !!

Well the cable i have at the moment doesnt look like the one in the second image you showed. That has like 2 flat connections where the pins go in to it. Looks like i will need to get the one pictured off eBay - can you provide me with a link just in case i dont mess this up and buy something else! Thanks.

Well the cable i have at the moment doesnt look like the one in the second image you showed. That has like 2 flat connections where the pins go in to it. Looks like i will need to get the one pictured off eBay - can you provide me with a link just in case i dont mess this up and buy something else! Thanks.

Top one !! Remember you need to load the little CD disc BEFORE you plug the usb into your PC
USB 2.0 TO RS232 SERIAL DB9 9 PIN ADAPTER CABLE GPS PDA | eBay

This is the null modem cable
2m Null Modem Cable - Lead RS232, DB9 9 pin Serial Comm | eBay

more info to add for the junkie lol,found this elsewhere.

Ok since I last posted I decided to switch my not so super hub into modem mode(WiFi off) and connected to the hub a netgear dual band wireless N router brought off eBay for 35quid.
Then connected my kV 780 to the new router. After using this method for over a week I have seen a vast improvement I rarely get a scrambled message with loss of picture. And channels that were previously terrible are watchable again as at worst the picture will freeze every 5mins or so for 2secs with the sound continuing then picture resumes.
I know this may not work for every but if your still struggling with bad reliability buying a decent 300m wireless N router for 20quid and using this method I highly recommend.
At worst if this method doesn't improve ur viewing you'll have better WiFi range as in my case and many others the super hubs wireless signal was poor.

I will bear this in mind as BT giving me a New Hub next week..(they say its free but will probably charge me during the year 2 quid a month for stealth tax or some BS) as less frequent "scram or no vid" can only be a good thing although not complaining as i aint paying. lol

hi since iflashed my box with new firmware i can only get channels 1 to5 and no internet channels also im not getting any ethernet flashes aqt back of box like i did before any ideas .....would it be best to reflash with old firmweare

It is possible you may have somehow had a bad flash and so your idea is a good one. Was the box previously working fine beforehand . Is it a A780 0r A750? and are you sure you downloaded the correct firmware. Assuming you have checked ethernet connection is snug have you tried flipping the on\off switch off and then on again located at the back of the box, have you factory reset and rescanned. Basicaly have you gone through all the basic steps I have listed in the tips and tricks thread.

jodav :)

Thanks for your reply jodav ......and guess what ive only gone and flashed my 780 with the new 750 firmware thinking mine was a 750 will i be able to redo it ...cheers

Back