SS IPTV (epg)

soke1980

Recently downloaded the SS IPTV app on a Toshiba smart TV, m3u has uploaded without a problem, however seem to be having an issue with the epg not being visible. Can anyone advise?

Its the only app that I could use on my Hisense TV so that is what I am currently using.

I dont profess to be an expert on IPTV as I have only recently started using it over the last couple of months. Whilst I am really pleased with my service provider in terms of picture quality and range of channels the epg only seems to work on a relatively small number of channels. It doesnt appear to show on any sports encrypted channels but it shows on most freesat. It works on most documentaries, though for some reason (perhaps because they are common to other countries outwith the UK?) but not movies other than freesat movies.

My enquiries into this appeared to suggest that this was down to the ss-iptv restrictions. As I understand it you cant use your own epg list. What is available is what is added at source by SS-IPTV developers and because there doesnt seem to be many UK users/developers the epg suffers as a result.

You seem to indicate though that no epg is showing so cant think why you cant get anything but I can if it is a SS-IPTV but perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can assist.

I am not overly fussed as my primary use for tv is cable which i barely watch anyway. IPTV is for football really. My provider has a good selection of vod as well if thats your thing but all of these films/series can be sourced yourself anyway.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Its the only app that I could use on my Hisense TV so that is what I am currently using.

I dont profess to be an expert on IPTV as I have only recently started using it over the last couple of months. Whilst I am really pleased with my service provider in terms of picture quality and range of channels the epg only seems to work on a relatively small number of channels. It doesnt appear to show on any sports encrypted channels but it shows on most freesat. It works on most documentaries, though for some reason (perhaps because they are common to other countries outwith the UK?) but not movies other than freesat movies.

My enquiries into this appeared to suggest that this was down to the ss-iptv restrictions. As I understand it you cant use your own epg list. What is available is what is added at source by SS-IPTV developers and because there doesnt seem to be many UK users/developers the epg suffers as a result.

You seem to indicate though that no epg is showing so cant think why you cant get anything but I can if it is a SS-IPTV but perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can assist.

I am not overly fussed as my primary use for tv is cable watch i barely watch anyway. IPTV is for football really. My provider has a good selection of vod as well if thats your thing but all of these films/series can be sourced yourself anyway.

Good luck.

Thank you for that, I’ve spoken to a few other contacts and they’ve given me very similar info as yourself, which is helpful. I think the general consensus is that it does what it says on the tin but nothing over and above that! Cheers again

Thank you for that, I’ve spoken to a few other contacts and they’ve given me very similar info as yourself, which is helpful. I think the general consensus is that it does what it says on the tin but nothing over and above that! Cheers again
Agreed mate it does seem quite basic but it suits my needs for now. Good luck.

Back