Starview - 12 more months! What you wanted to know!! The Show Must Go On

omg, people moan when the service is down and continuing moaning when it's back up with afew channels missing?! Oh please, kiddy is saying he is creating new software so stop being fussy! we have all sly sports channels and some movies with most others! that like over£40 if you pay to sly/vermin. i think we should all appreciate what kiddy is doing, because i for one am.. Thank you kiddy.

There's some right greasers on here.

Anyway, it was always going to be the case that Starview were going to go one of two ways.

The first was to get things up and running again and make a proper go of it, with improvements in software, server performance and customer service.

The second was to disappear, either immediately or gradually (to sell remaining stock).

At the moment I'm unconvinced either way. I hope it's the former.

Kiddy if you are doing this for no money then that is a different story and I would not expect a service from you.

However, what you are doing is highly illegal and would carry a decent prison term if caught. So why would you put yourself at that risk simply for being a "good guy"? I'm a little cynical over that to be fair. You must be getting something out of all this. Nobody breaks the law without selfish reason no matter how big or small. Usually its financial. So forgive me if I dont believe that you are doing this for nothing. Sorry!

thekiddy, you say we will get 12 months after the release of the latest firmware, what happens after that is it the end of the boxes life?:)

FOR CHRIST SAKE PEOPLE WISE UP.2MONTHS AGO SV7 WAS READY FOR THE BIN NOW ITS UP AGAIN YOUS ARE STILL YELLPING . SPEND MORE TIME WATCHING AND LESS YAPPING.ITS STILL VALUE FOR MONEY:faint:

sat1, there is no reason for the caps lock. It is seen as yelling and rude and against forum policy. Please refrain in the future.

Kiddy if you are doing this for no money then that is a different story and I would not expect a service from you.

However, what you are doing is highly illegal and would carry a decent prison term if caught. So why would you put yourself at that risk simply for being a "good guy"? I'm a little cynical over that to be fair. You must be getting something out of all this. Nobody breaks the law without selfish reason no matter how big or small. Usually its financial. So forgive me if I dont believe that you are doing this for nothing. Sorry!
-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sat1 and Sikander well said m8t's i fully agree.
--------------------------------------
Phil 1979 why is it you think the kiddy is telling you lies,
there are people still in this world who will help without returns.
Lets all just be grateful and thankful for what we are all recieving, from the kiddy and others,
who most certainly do things out of the kindness of their hearts.
Who also get joy out of doing so, the only people not happy are "Virgins an Muckdocks"
If we don't believe this is possible what a cynical world we are living in.

Last edited:
sat1, there is no reason for the caps lock. It is seen as yelling and rude and against forum policy. Please refrain in the future.

i was yelling fergul.every time im on the site now lookin for any new info someones always messing the thread up crying.i know im not a great poster but im on here looking to see if there is a new sv fix and if there is any problems ican help with.but it seems the yapps are gettin to me.

i was yelling fergul.every time im on the site now lookin for any new info someones always messing the thread up crying.i know im not a great poster but im on here looking to see if there is a new sv fix and if there is any problems ican help with.but it seems the yapps are gettin to me.

I am not faulting your reasoning, just keep it civil and by the forum rules and all is good. :)

See this in the rules.

No ALL CAPS MESSAGES/POSTS/THREAD TITLES!, Caps is to other's a form of shouting, we do not tolerate this here so dont do it on our fourm.

Yes there are many people in this world who help without returns. I am one of them.
However, If someone needed help and there was a risk of me going to prison for 5 years plus as a result I would say no.
HOWEVER, if someone offered me money to help despite that risk and I thought it was worthwhile, then I would do it...

Do you see now?

If he's doin it out the goodness of his heart I think he's mental. Absolutely bonkers. If he's doing it for financial gain then brilliant on him. However that therefore means that I would expect a service as a result. And thats ALL I've said!

Hi,

I just wna say tht r u watching starview from the goodnss of yr heart? or is it samthg eles. If you are that worried about them breaking the law than put yr illegal starview box in the bin and pay virmin or sky a best part of £100 per month for yr tv sub. and if you wana continue with yr illegal viewing then may I suggests you stop with your hypocritical comments.

How are my comments hypocritical? I've never once said I'm worried about anybody breaking the law. I said that people only break the law for some sort of selfish gain.

And NO I'm not watching starview from the goodness of my heart. I paid money and took an illegal risk iin doing so. I have broken the law and I've done so because I believe the risk is worthwhile for the money I will save. That is my selfish gain.

However I believe Kiddy and the Dev team he has going are making money from all this via starview. So why is it so wrong to expect a reliable service?

hi harry we are in brum alls well here try putting in stand by the turn off at the rear then turn back on shud reconnect

hi ppl, im new to this forum, just want to ask, with this new s/w on 12/05/11 for starview 6/7 does anyone know will that be the start of another 12 months like it was with the first showmustgoon from when you first install it? sorry if someone has asked this before.

Back