Sunak and Javid resign

you and @Willo3092 can't even accept Open ATV is the right way to go on your boxes, there's no chance of you accepting anything I tell you when I'm PM :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Ill be the PM, then when Beth Rigby asks me, 'Mr Prime minister, is it true that everythin on Sky channels will be free, how are you goin to make that happen, and who's goin to be payin?'
I'll lean across and reply, 'most of those words had a 'G' at the end, and I think I speak for the entire country when I say, feck off Beth, you scabby trollop and come back when you've learnt to speak'

Johnson looks to be gone in time for the 10 O'clock news...... : Some big names gathering at Number 10 right now

he could always call a general election !!!
to really go out with a bang
It's a bargaining tool he has.
He'll ignore any and all calls to resign.
If the 1922 committee change the rules on votes of no confidence he'll threaten them with a general election, which every conservative knows they'll lose, they won't change the rules ergo he'll probably stay.

Although all the above could be wrong.

It's a bargaining tool he has.
He'll ignore any and all calls to resign.
If the 1922 committee change the rules on votes of no confidence he'll threaten them with a general election, which every conservative knows they'll lose, they won't change the rules ergo he'll probably stay.

Although all the above could be wrong.
I'm not convinced they would lose, they may lose votes and some seats but people are not convinced by Starmer. The media want joe bloggs to think everyone and his dog want's Boris out, but when you talk to real people its very even between 'he should go' and 'he should stay.' If Labour thought they could win against Borris they wouldn't be calling for him to resign as that shoots them in the foot.

And if he did call an election and win, even if he scraped through, then he would be in number 10 for as long as he wants.

I'm not convinced they would lose, they may lose votes and some seats but people are not convinced by Starmer. The media want joe bloggs to think everyone and his dog want's Boris out, but when you talk to real people its very even between 'he should go' and 'he should stay.' If Labour thought they could win against Borris they wouldn't be calling for him to resign as that shoots them in the foot.

And if he did call an election and win, even if he scraped through, then he would be in number 10 for as long as he wants.
They probably wouldn't win a GE, but neither would labour, it would be a coalition with sdp or SNP.
It seems the '22 committee have voted NOT to change the rules on a PM/no confidence annual vote, so now they're changing the committee on Monday so they can get through the change.
If they do and he still wins the vote of no confidence like he did last week, they're stuffed.

FWIW I think he's like Churchill, a one trick pony, as soon as we won WW2, Churchill was removed from office, Boris was brought in to sort Brexit and he's done it, he's served his purpose now, not sure why he's hanging around like a smelly fart.

Back