The Latest And Easiest Wii Softmod Yet - letterbomb included (Jan 2012)

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried with FAT32, FAT16, and the default FAT. I also tried to do a full format instead of quick format. Still not working.
I just read all 6 pages, look like no one has problem with the SD.

No, you are right mate, I don't remember anyone having any trouble with the SD cards. you do know that there are several different versions of Bannerbomb, have you tried another of them? Also, do you have another smaller SD card, possibly in a phone? (a 128, 256MB, perhaps)

I would suggest that any time that I have ever had any trouble with the stage one, it has been a bannerbomb problem, so that is where I would start.

Last edited:
Maybe I am missing a step here. Do I have to install the homebrew channel first for the boot.elf to run? I will try a smaller SD.

No mate, the boot.elf is the way to instal the homebrew channel. I just downloaded the first part and the other versions of bannerbomb aren't there, PM me your email address, and I will send them to you.
what you will do is leave the boot.elf and one of these folders called private, then try until you get the right Banerbomb version.

Wheelo, thank you for the missing files.

Now the channel show up but with the "?". When I click on "start" the channel, nothing happen.
I tried all the versions with boot.elf and boot.dol name. All of them showed up in the channel with the "?".

Thank you very much......... I hope it works on a really old Wii which had a first generation WiiKey removed from it.

What usb loader are you using,i recomend wiiflow,what type of hdd are you using check HERE and are you using the correct usb port

Last edited:
I am hoping that this guide is still the easiest to softmod wii and i also hope it still work. Im gonna buy 2nd hand wii and try to play games on hard drive. Already bookmark this topic since im gonna be asking questions once i got my wii.

Is it true that if you softmod like what i'll be doing in this guide, I cannot play using the disc?

Last edited:
Back