The Latest And Easiest Wii Softmod Yet - letterbomb included (Jan 2012)

It is still very much the latest and best (and easiest), but you have just found a flaw.. I thought I had written it in the original Tutorial, but didn't..
your Wii should be connected to the internet, then when you select "Select network install(download from nus)" where it says from usb, (press the right side of the cross on Wiimote) it will download the files from the net (NUS) then off you go and continue.
when this process runs, be sure to press the second option - only homebrew applications

give another shout back with problems, or with your success (y)

NOTE: thanks mate, First post edited

Last edited:
It is still very much the latest and best (and easiest), but you have just found a flaw.. I thought I had written it in the original Tutorial, but didn't..
your Wii should be connected to the internet, then when you select "Select network install(download from nus)" where it says from usb, (press the right side of the cross on Wiimote) it will download the files from the net (NUS) then off you go and continue.
when this process runs, be sure to press the second option - only homebrew applications

give another shout back with problems, or with your success

NOTE: thanks mate, First post edited
Spot on, it worked a charm! Thanks for help with such a quick reply an all! It didnt even cross my mind to try the D-pad, gah!

...You actually helped me twice then. Once With the Wii guide and a quick response and another from watching the rest of Emmerdale! (Thank christ..)

Marvelous! :grin:

Update -
All working great. With the USB loader GX 3.0 I actually got it to install Gamecube games from the disc to a USB pen drive. At last! I dont have to keep setting up the Cube when I want to have a retro gaming session! Now I've got to root through the old storage cupboard and fish out all the Cube games I've been hording for years :grin:

Excellent Guide! Easy to do and well worth it.

Last edited:
Just looking to softmod my Wii so my kids can enjoy some different games. Buying games are extremely expensive here in the Gulf. I would like to download games and save them on an external hard disk.
I have a small question. Is the full procedure updated on the 1st page. I ask because I saw a few additional steps mentioned when I was going through the threads. Appreciate if you can let me know if I need to follow any particular steps and these steps are to be followed after completing which steps. I am much lowtech compared to you guys so please excuse my ignorance. I would appreciate any help I can get. My thanks in advance.

The guide is still good for you to use,the only additional steps would be your choice of loader and the channel to boot it,my preference is wiiflow and i believe wheelo's to be config loader
Wiiflow
Config loader

The guide is still good for you to use,the only additional steps would be your choice of loader and the channel to boot it,my preference is wiiflow and i believe wheelo's to be config loader

Nope, I am just lazy Sinno, lol I have about 3 loaders on my Wii, yet still go to CFG by habit rather than anything else.

Thank you for your reply. I started doing everything step by step. When installing the Bootmii I did not get the option to install Bootmii as boot2. Only got the option to install Bootmii as IOS so I installed Bootmii as IOS. That was 1 issue. The 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] issue was I installed everything upto “Install PriiLoader”. When installing “IOS 236”, I followed the steps and reached upto the step where I needed to press 1. When I did that the next screen gave me error messages (just sent you a copy of the error screen in an email to "webmaster@techkings.org"). Really appreciate if you could help. Thanks.

Sorry forgot to add. After the Letterbomb installed and I pressed 1 , the next screen mentioned "The Homebrew Channel :can be installed" but the "BootMii : cannot be installed”. The text for the 1st step after getting the Letterbomb mentioned just to save the files on the root of an SD card and insert into your Wii. However the video showed some additional steps of moving a certain file from 1 folder to another which was very unclear as the screen was small and I could not see which files were being copied. The video starts from 2:15 until 3:45. Does this have anything to do with the BootMii not installing. Could you please explain this a little more in detail. It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your reply. I started doing everything step by step. When installing the Bootmii I did not get the option to install Bootmii as boot2. Only got the option to install Bootmii as IOS so I installed Bootmii as IOS. That was 1 issue. The 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] issue was I installed everything upto “Install PriiLoader”. When installing “IOS 236”, I followed the steps and reached upto the step where I needed to press 1. When I did that the next screen gave me error messages (just sent you a copy of the error screen in an email to "webmaster@techkings.org"). Really appreciate if you could help. Thanks.

Bootmii is always good to have but not essential,most new wiis will not allow a boot 2 option only the ios option,make sure your wii is connected to wifi and download from nus for ios236,press to the right until it gives you this option,press 2 on ios 236 as in you do not have any need for piracy,i am sorry but i did not see your email

The E-Mail was sent to the Webmaster@ TK that is HT not you or I Sinno.

c4picardo, you are reading too much into things, it doesn't seem to me you are having problems at all, most of these things you are reporting (like the Bootmii as an ios or boot2) are mentioned in the tutorial as being optional. you are doing well, just take your time and don't panic. as Sinno says above, make sure your Wii is connected to the internet. That will cause an error problem at the ios236 part.

The E-Mail was sent to the Webmaster@ TK that is HT not you or I Sinno.

c4picardo, you are reading too much into things, it doesn't seem to me you are having problems at all, most of these things you are reporting (like the Bootmii as an ios or boot2) are mentioned in the tutorial as being optional. you are doing well, just take your time and don't panic. as Sinno says above, make sure your Wii is connected to the internet. That will cause an error problem at the ios236 part.

I'm sure you'l must be pulling your hair out with all my stupid questions but as I mentioned earlier I am quite lowtech when it comes to these things. I prefer to pay someone to get it done. I will give it a try again. Thanks for being so polite with your replies. I really do appreciate it.

I tried it again. My version is 4.3e. I was connected to the Internet when following the steps. I reached “INSTALL IOS 236 “. Selected "Download IOS from NUS. It reached "Preparation Complete", When I pressed A to install, it gave me the message ES_AddTitleStart returned:-1035
Has your installed IOS36 a higher revision than 3351.
IOS 236 Install failed. Press any button to exit.

Does this mean anything to you guys. What am I doing wrong.

Last edited:
How many blocks are free on your memory,you will need above 512 to do any mod,press the wii icon on the left,save data and it will tell you how many blocks are available,when you updated to 4.3 did you get a internet channel,goto wii-channels and see if there is 1 there eating up alot of blocks

How many blocks are free on your memory,you will need above 512 to do any mod,press the wii icon on the left,save data and it will tell you how many blocks are available,when you updated to 4.3 did you get a internet channel,goto wii-channels and see if there is 1 there eating up alot of blocks

Open Blocks are 2155
The only channel showing is the The Homebrew Channel.

Thats a trucha bug error if i remember corectly,my advise is to get modmii,it will give you the wads you require aswell as give you a fully modded console,good luck and sorry for the lateness in replying,been very busy

Thats a trucha bug error if i remember corectly,my advise is to get modmii,it will give you the wads you require aswell as give you a fully modded console,good luck and sorry for the lateness in replying,been very busy

No problem with the late replying. I am very appreciative that you are replying.

I downloaded a Modmii zip file, version 6.2.6 (7.25 MB). What is the procedure. Do I need to format the Wii to its factory settings and then instal Modmii or at this stage just put in on the SD card insert it into the wii and install it. You mentioned above that it will give me a "fully modded console". So do I need to do anythings else after this.

Last edited:
The modmii will go on your computer,it will ask a few questions as to what you want on the wii,input your answers and set where your sd card is located on your computer as in when you put the sd card into your computer what letter it is assigned(E or L) or whichever letter its given,modmii will then download everything you want to the sd card,print out the instructions it gives you and then put the sd card in the wii and follow the instructions,good luck

The modmii will go on your computer,it will ask a few questions as to what you want on the wii,input your answers and set where your sd card is located on your computer as in when you put the sd card into your computer what letter it is assigned(E or L) or whichever letter its given,modmii will then download everything you want to the sd card,print out the instructions it gives you and then put the sd card in the wii and follow the instructions,good luck

Been a little busy. Will try out the Modmii in a few days. Just a small question. Do I reset my Wii to its factory settings and then do the Modmii or do I just do it from the stage I currently am (completed installing the Priiloader stage).

Back