The Latest And Easiest Wii Softmod Yet - letterbomb included (Jan 2012)

i installed homebrew with letterbomb... once i got to preeloader and ios 236 my wiimote disconnects and system freezes... please help

If you mean "is this the latest Softmod", then the answer is in the thread title mate (y)

I have been searching for something like this for ages. My children keep scratching the discs and, until now, i have been spending a fourtune on getting the scratches removed. THANKS A HEAP!!!

I have been looking for this info for a while, there's that many guides and files etc, this just makes it a piece of cake!
(Well compared to some methods :-) lol )

Best of luck guys, let us know how you get on, give me any feed back you wish, good, bad, or indifferent

Requested by Wheelo,

Hey there! I have used your tutorial to softmod my Wii. Problem Im having, is I backedup all my Wii games onto my computer using MagicISO. Now here is the problem: I put them on my Portable USB HDD and i cant get them to work on my Wii? I have an original white Wii with 4.3E firmware. (with softmod of course) How can I play them from my portable HDD? My kids are driving me crazy lol.

Thanks in advance!

Okay, so let me see if I have got this correct. You used a program called "magicISO" to create an image of your Wii game disc? Unless there is a new method out there( there may well be) this cannot do it.
First off, have you got the CFG loader up and running? if so you Have to plug your HDD into the right hand side USB port (the left wont work)

wii_rear.jpg

then open the homebrew channel, open the CFG loader, it will give you a message something like "HDD isn't formatted, would you like to format disc, select yes.( I am presuming that you are using this HDD solely for Wii games. It will do it's thing, then you put your game into the wii, press the "+" button on the wii mote, it will ask if you want to add game to HDD, choose yes, it will then add the game to the HDD. (it will take about 5-10 mins) you then will be able to select it from the CFG loader and it will play.
I hope that makes sense to you, if there is something else you don't understand, just re post here and I will try to help out again.

The reason I requested you to copy and paste your PM here is that if someone else has the same problem, the solution is here, on the open forum.

Thanks Wheelo. Ill give that a go today sometime. Let you know if it works for me. Being from you, I expect it will!

Hello all,

No idea if anyones is still here but I'm looking to re do another Wii and found this guide. I have soft modded a previous Wii using the Indiana game save and it was a complete pain in the arse! Cant wait to get stuck into this and it looks a hell of a lot easier! :)

Cheers for the guide.

It's a hell of a lot easier mate, let us know how you get on, especially if you have a problem I can help you with

Hello all,

No idea if anyones is still here but I'm looking to re do another Wii and found this guide. I have soft modded a previous Wii using the Indiana game save and it was a complete pain in the arse! Cant wait to get stuck into this and it looks a hell of a lot easier! :)

Cheers for the guide.
Oh beleive me it is! i tried the game one but this is simple if a blonde can do it lol! .....................wheelo no comments please :whistling: LOL

Last edited:
especially if you have a problem I can help you with
Oh you've done it now as I've just hit me first problem... :P

Right. I've just got to the Install IOS 236 part and have followed everything to a T. Upon booting the installer and after pressing 1 I'm greeted with this -

Performing step 1
Getting IOS36 revision 3351...

<Load IOS from sd card>

Nothing happens and when I choose "Load from SD card" I get -

could not open file sd:/ios36-64-v3351.wad
could not open file sd:/ios36-64-v3351.wad.out.wad
error reading ios into memory
IOS236 install failed. Press any button to exit?

As you can see it's a bit of a bummer! And I'm stumped!

P.S
Nice to see you folks are still here to help considering the guide is from last year. Ta very much! :)

Back