ET8500 QUAD TUNER Two tuner xtrend 8500 for cable

I think you need to split the feed and have two cable lines to the box. I'm getting Virmin tomorrow so I will know more then.

I've not had any problems since using the 4.1.016 tuner drivers.
You will get some small loop cables in the box to loop through the tuners, they work well, you just need to get a few connects to suit the cable.

You will get some small loop cables in the box to loop through the tuners, they work well, you just need to get a few connects to suit the cable.

Does that mean if you have 2 cable tuners then you only need one cable to the box? I seem to remember a bit of cable in the box.
If it works well I'm planning on 2 sat and 2 cable tuners.

Does that mean if you have 2 cable tuners then you only need one cable to the box? I seem to remember a bit of cable in the box.
If it works well I'm planning on 2 sat and 2 cable tuners.
Yes just one cable for "cable" (1 for cable, 2 for sat) and 2 cables for satellite

Last edited:
sounds like i should send it back as soon as it comes:damn:

---------- Post Merged at 05:20 PM ----------

when i spoke to the guy at *** he said there would be an update out in the next couple of days.

Said the same to me in September.

If this box works as it should it would be the best box for the price.

sounds like i should send it back as soon as it comes:damn:

---------- Post Merged at 05:20 PM ----------

when i spoke to the guy at *** he said there would be an update out in the next couple of days.

Said the same to me in September.

If this box works as it should it would be the best box for the price.
Agreed, the receiver will be very good value for money if all the functions worked properly.

I'm well happy with mine but I haven't tried cable yet.
I really like the multi bootloader so that I've always got a fallback image.

Ok i read that if you ftp the drivers from 4.1.6 on to the later release it fixes the issue how do you do this? Thanx.

had mine working lovely after putting the drivers from 4.1.016 on to 4.2.010. but then updated to 4.2.012 and it went back how it used to be. so had to ftp the drivers back on from 4.1.016 and all is back to working well. my box has 2 dvb-c/t2 tuners, hope this helps people who has the same.

Hi guys just want to say thanks for the all the info yesterday. My box has arrived and i have found the loop cable to link the cable tuners. but what connectors do i need for the loop cable is it a RF male and RF female?

Hi guys just want to say thanks for the all the info yesterday. My box has arrived and i have found the loop cable to link the cable tuners. but what connectors do i need for the loop cable is it a RF male and RF female?
If you have a Screwf1x near you they have you need ;-)

almost up and running is it possible to use my old sly line from amiko a3 and put it in the xtrend 8500 and what virmin line would i need?

4.2.013 has dropped anyone tried it?

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 07:50 AM ----------

4.2.013 has dropped anyone tried it?

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 08:43 AM ----------

Just updated to 4.2.013

I think it is better, all hd fta and Premium work.

Hd Channels like fox, comedy centry, sky living still don't work.

SD channels for the do

Back