ET8500 QUAD TUNER Two tuner xtrend 8500 for cable

**STOP PRESS** :)
4.2.018 has been released and the change logs indicate some driver changes although I'm not savvy enough to know if the changes are related to our problem.
As soon as someone has the time to try them post the results on here - PLEASE!!

**STOP PRESS** :)
4.2.018 has been released and the change logs indicate some driver changes although I'm not savvy enough to know if the changes are related to our problem.
As soon as someone has the time to try them post the results on here - PLEASE!!

Tried 4.2.018 and.........not good news !!!!!!:beg:

But the Log did not mention Xtrend Drivers.

Fingers crossed it will be in the next update. :beg:

Only been waiting since July lol, will there be any news this year!!

Chin up Dangerous , to be fair w.o.s. said the fix would be in this weeks update or the week after.

They skipped 017 and went straight to 018.

Holding out for next weeks update and if that don't have fix then I will be pissed.

But hold back the rants for 1 week..patience is warying thin.

Only been waiting since July lol, will there be any news this year!!

Chin up Dangerous , to be fair w.o.s. said the fix would be in this weeks update or the week after.

They skipped 017 and went straight to 018.

Holding out for next weeks update and if that don't have fix then I will be pissed.

But hold back the rants for 1 week..patience is warying thin.

Have to admire your conviction [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to admire your conviction [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

1 more week Chaps, we can do it....

Waited months the end is near....

(i'm gonna lose my shit next week ffs) :parental advisory:

It's quite shocking how the suppliers don't seem to have any weight to throw at Xtrend, it can't be that much of a job to alter the drivers.

Per Xtrend Alliance:

Yes, they have been taken over.... another South Korean group.
Yes, the ET8500/8000/10000 are supported and the ET10000 is still available at least in Germany if you google ... not sure about UK.
.. and they are still providing driver fixes .. although the new group appears to be still getting their feet under the table!!

It's quite shocking how the suppliers don't seem to have any weight to throw at Xtrend, it can't be that much of a job to alter the drivers.

I would have thought stopping selling the boxes would have been a good start. They even offer to flash the boxes with the latest OpenVIX knowing that it doesn't work and will cause issues.

Not good customer service IMHO!

Yes, no new tuner drivers... I must admit though, mine's been running flawlessly since I put 4.1.016 drivers on, I've even added another cable tuner to make 2 of each.
The point is that customers shouldn't really have to provide their own fixes though.

These boxes are really sold for the German market. My understanding is that their cable system works differently to the UK and the drivers were modified to fit in with that.
Obviously whatever happened screwed things up here in the UK & Eire. Any Enigma2 system (Vix, ATV) will have the same problem as it's at the hardware layer.
Let's hope that ultimately the patches sorts out cable recording and deep standby issue.

Personally I blame Brexit :)

These boxes are really sold for the German market. My understanding is that their cable system works differently to the UK and the drivers were modified to fit in with that.
Obviously whatever happened screwed things up here in the UK & Eire. Any Enigma2 system (Vix, ATV) will have the same problem as it's at the hardware layer.
Let's hope that ultimately the patches sorts out cable recording and deep standby issue.

Personally I blame Brexit :)

Makes sense, but they're quite happy to exploit the UK market for the boxes enough so to have English web pages. So if they're going to accept the custom there needs to be a commitment to support.

Back