ET8500 QUAD TUNER Two tuner xtrend 8500 for cable

Yep, just updated to 4.2.020 and all the drivers now have today's date on them. So far so good and all seems to be working.

I just installed one of these boxes today for my mate, my first dabble with Vix. Bloody good machines, fair play. I'll let him know to update it, or if he's lurking on here as he reckons he can do it himself. lol

I tried to online update but it hung and I went to reboot by switching off and on and now get just the Xtrend screen grrr,
Start from scratch again tomorrow!

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Yep, just updated to 4.2.020 and all the drivers now have today's date on them. So far so good and all seems to be working.

Updated mine to 4.2.020 and a lot better !!! Happy Chap.

There is a but, while recording BBC One HD .... checked HD channels but just a few didn't work :

BBC TWO HD
FOX HD

and a few other ones.

Just wondering is it best to rest the box and install fresh image 4.2.020 or is everyone else having the same minor issue.

Thanks

There is a but, while recording BBC One HD .... checked HD channels but just a few didn't work :

BBC TWO HD
FOX HD

and a few other ones.

Just wondering is it best to rest the box and install fresh image 4.2.020 or is everyone else having the same minor issue.

Thanks
Just updated mines. Seems all good. Tried your channels and all ok here. Slower in clearing but maybe imagining it. Worked anyway...

BBC TWO HD
FOX HD

and a few other ones.

Thanks
Just updated mines. Seems all good. Tried your channels and all ok here. Slower in clearing but maybe imagining it. Worked anyway...

Same here, did a complete reflash for mine as I was upgrading from 4.1.16 so took a couple of hours including the channel rescanning and modding of the skin but all seems to be working well. Happy days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Chaps,

So if i run ABM again like Danlou said the few channells should also work?

If this dont still then reflash box with new image?

---------- Post Merged at 03:26 PM ----------

lolPS Dangerous is quiet...is still in shock the Xtrend is finally fixed ???

I would say so, yes. Do what Danlou says :)
But don't blame him, if it doesn't work but if in doubt reflash.

Or you could try a full automatic scan but by the time that is complete you would have reflash and configured the box anyway.

Been busy guys, not got round to reflashing yet, but sounds like all is good. Glad to hear some good news ;-)

I would say so, yes. Do what Danlou says :)
But don't blame him, if it doesn't work but if in doubt reflash.

Or you could try a full automatic scan but by the time that is complete you would have reflash and configured the box anyway.

Will do Thanks

Do all these fixes pave the way for a full release of wooshbuild for Xtrend 8500????? Bring it on!

Like the Wooshbuild for Zgemma i assume it will offer semi-autonated process of creating ABM for your region, skin , EPG , flash disk initialisation and a lot more.

hi guys sorry to be the 1 with the bad news but the problems still exist.

i have a 3 DVB-C/T2 Tuner set up and last night while watching ssp news hd on tv tuners A

i then put ssp1 HD on through webif on my computer Tuner B picture was there but buffering abit

then i tried to put another channel ssp 2HD on my tablet though kodi emigma2 PVR Client but soon as tuner C connected both tuner B and C went black screen.

and for me this is a backward step as i could use all 3 tuners at the same time with openvix 4.1.016 although there was abit of buffering but now on 4.2.020 three tuners at the same time do's not work

hope this helps

kind regards

fether

BBC TWO HD
FOX HD

and a few other ones.

Thanks
Word on the street is bangord has bought a new VU+ duo2 and left the xtrend gang,Flogged his box to his neighbour for payment in kind :wow:

Last edited:
I've been following this thread with interest. Last week I set the box to record a film. So I sat down to watch the movie, I started playback and the recording was unwatchable with lots of pixelation and jumping all the way through. On general viewing of all the channels the picture quality is excellent with no interference. This is the first time I have recorded anything on this box. I'm now wondering if this is the same thing that has been discussed in this thread?
I have the new Mutant HD51 4K DVB Twin Tuner with OpenVix image 4.2.020. with twin (Hybrid DVB-C /T / T2) tuners.
I'm very impressed with the box though I'm no expert. I've only had the Zgemma H 2S to compare it to and it's a lot faster than that box as you might expect for the price.

Hmmm, seems like all the latest receivers coming out have teething problems.
I'll do some digging around Romanron, as I know of a few people with these. I'll update you with anything I find ;-)

Back