ET8500 QUAD TUNER Two tuner xtrend 8500 for cable

Xtrend are manufacturers and they have their own software which they will argue works perfectly with the receiver.
As the boxes are not proprietary like Virmin or Sly boxes they can be adapted (think amazon fire sticks adapted with Kodi) to run other operating system software such as Vix, ATV that can be layered on top. This in turn is designed and programmed to use for the purpose of c/s.
It's in the interest of both supplier (Xtrend) and reseller(s)to get the matter resolved for differing and mutual reasons including monetary gain and reputation hence it will happen.

Last edited:
good news from 'Mundo del Satellite' - playback/recording driver fix will be released for openvix in version 4.2.20 :yes!:

iv add a reply of W.O.S on twitter that openvix 4.2.20 will be released later today and will fix the issue's we have:yes!:

iv add a reply of W.O.S on twitter that openvix 4.2.20 will be released later today and will fix the issue's we have:yes!:

Whoop whoop whoop [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seeing is believing

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yes you are correct, however this is the first time that a firm commitment has been made on the *** website so even I am filled with a sense of impending joy [emoji2]

Anyone tried it yet? The wife is watching Corrie at the moment.

It's not up yet, later this evening hopefully!

I can see it available in my Software Updates. It also lists the Xtrend cable tuner drivers, although the issue on my quad box affects both the cable and the satellite tuners.

Still only up to 4.2.019 on the website.
I ran through the Software Update menu. Seems to have sorted out the issues. I can simultaneously record the HD channels on satellite and cable tuners which were previously giving me issues.

Word of warning. When I ran the online update, my box hung at the screen saying that the update is taking place and box will reboot. But it didn't reboot! I started it during the Corrie ad break and after about 20mins I pulled the power. Thankfully it came back OK and there were no more updates available when I checked. Very worrying.

Back