Video Tutorial Zgemma S2

To be honest itsmrjt, I was a completely noob to this myself a month ago. And I think the support on this forum has been superb compared to other forums. Ask the right questions, put a bit of effort in and don't get frustrated if you don't get a perfect answer the first time round. I have seen a few of your others posts and yes it was obvious you were struggling a little. It just wasn't clicking for you. Some of us are very technical minded others aren't. But the help is there if needed. Initially I spend every night on this forum, reading all the threads in the general satellite forum and all the threads in the zgemma section. I tried sucmnsee image as it was meant to be the easiest to use but I was put off with the fact it was openvix and not easily updatable. I tried mtpockets image and thought it was more to my taste. I finally tried Bobs openatv 5.0 image as it was the latest version. All the time I was using these backup images I took note of what was working and what wasnt for me. I took note of the plugins that these guys had on there setups. i went though every single menu on every single page just to see what it did. Eventually I decided to just set up my box from scratch using the lastest openatv 5.1 firmware because I had no reason to install tspanel or kodi as I find it easier to do movies and iptv via my laptop. So in the space of about 4 weeks I went from completely clueless to knowing exactly what I was doing.

It really is as simple as
Install firmware. - usually openvix or openatv
Personalise your setup - ie satellite tuner, video resolution, menu tweaks etc
Set up usb stick/hdd
Install Skin - usally fraggles sky skin or blue hd skin
Install relevant plugins. - cache/epg/cccams etc
Install Softcam - google is your friend
Learn how to FTP to your box and learn the right place to place your line depending on your softcam setup.

As a designer I could easily write a guide of how to do this. But would I be wasting my time as like the comments say above most of the information is already there. The backup images in the download section already have a detailed step by step guide. There is also an idiots guide to installing sucmnsees image which goes into further detail.

If there is enough interest I will right a guide from setting up one of these boxes from scratch (with photos) without the need of using one of the fantastic backup images.

Last edited:
Kiddac why dont you upload your backup file for people to try out mate,always interested to see other setups

people dont read as i stated links were for kv780 as an example,sometimes one has to reread the threads as things get missed i do.

Kiddac why dont you upload your backup file for people to try out mate,always interested to see other setups

Because I am too new this. Plus I am still faffing :) There are always a million questions asked after you upload a backup image. Although I have asked many questions myself, I feel sorry for Mtpockets and sucmnsee who have to answer a lot of the same questions over and over again. They also get acused of crashing peoples boxes, being blamed for tspanel and kodi not working. Being asked to fix third party skin plugins etc etc.

Is it worth the hassle.... not yet. :)

people go overboard with all the extras so no surprise if it crashes,bit like liverpool winning the league lol

right I am going to spend my afternoon writing a guide for setting one of these up from scratch with photos. Am I allowed to to use external links to other websites where I am sourcing various files from.

Be careful using links from other sites as the mods can ban you.you can point people in a direction but as for files off other sites most are on here

no direct links to other forums and any links are hard coded like this using crossover railway tracks lol

Code:
????

hi all i think I must be thick ive read loads of posts but cant get my line to work managed to ftp my cline cfg into the etc folder and edit the newcam list removing all apart from CWS = and adding my line details is this correct any help appreciated thanks

cline should not be using newcamd.list or mgcamd as they are for nlines,no wonder people stray

using clines uses cccam 2.3.0 and line goes to etc

using nlines uses mgcamd1.38 and line goes to newcamd.list in var/keys or usr/keys.other folder mg_cfg needed there also.

mtpockets posted that the newcamd.list file goes in the ETC folder for the openATV image.

Now we will have proper confusion in the Zgemma section.

Succumnsee with modded Vix

and

mtpockets with openATV.

I see lincsat has also posted an image.

Oh, what joy !!!! lol

download the attached file for mgcamd and use your newcamd.list and both go into user/keys

• rar.gif
    files to ftp.rar (1.9 KB, 808 views)

Not necessarily correct now, see post above lol

Maybe that video idea wasn't a bad thing after all lol

Last edited:
I think il end up taking pics of my settings if decide to update the firmware.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Just back up a copy of your working set up to a USB, before you do an upgrade, that way you can always re flash it
with the backup if you have problems updating the firmware (y)

i have requested for sub sections to be added for the different images and hopefully people will post to correct section.

mtpockets posted that the newcamd.list file goes in the ETC folder for the openATV image.

Really???? - ffs please tell me where and I'll correct that!! Mtpockets comes out with some tosh but I don't recall ever having said this?

Last edited:
Yeah it's in a thread in here somewhere, I was really surprised when I read it
that's why it stuck in my head.

I'll try and find the thread and post a link.

Back