Virgin to Upgrade everyone to V6..

no it never started up again, which is why I was asking if those with this issue had a live sub?
i have a live sub yes. Someone on another post had a same issue and managed to get it going again but ive not had a response when i asked how he managed it..
i re-flashed my box with bare bones ATV and ABM would still not scan but i could perform a cable scan it just scans everything and doesn't put them in bouquets obviously. by this time i got the arse and just went and re-flashed with my back up.
i though perhaps VM had changed the NET ID but i checked the kids tivo and same net id still. god knows how they are managing to block the scanning of channels

you see I think your problem can be worked out, because you still get channels going in from the service scan? mine is blank leading me to think I`ve had the snip at the cabinet end?

Just had a phone call from son his channels all blank so took my box round to double check its not his line or box and noticed virmin engineer in the cabinet at end of street hes disconnected the line to place someone else's line in its place because my son doesn't have any services with VM so looks like hes going to have to get basic BB now to get reconnected so hes not a happy bunny at the min :(

I had the abm problem on a Venton Unibox with openATV. It turned out to be a driver issue in the linuxdvb.ko file in /lib/modules/3.14.21/extra

I got the drivers on another forum I am on and replaced them and abm works fine now.

My channels were scanned and clearing ok, it was only abm that wasn't working. I have attached the driver that fixed my venton, I transferred it to the box, restarted and all was fine

Attachments

• venton drivers 20160128.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
mine are still all blank (yes i have live feed coming in house both bb and basic tv upstairs for mrs both working fine) im on openatv build but tried different builds still the same issue would the drivers fix abm on openatv or is it just the mentioned build ? cant find a solution for it im on the exeter 40987 nt id which all the same as the diagnostic screen on the tivo box, all setting in my box are the same as when i first installed it in november and was working fine till tuesday

Yes I had this problem, do you have a live sub to virmin?
yep live bb and basic tv

Last edited by a moderator:
mine are still all blank (yes i have live feed coming in house both bb and basic tv upstairs for mrs both working fine) im on openatv build but tried different builds still the same issue would the drivers fix abm on openatv or is it just the mentioned build ? cant find a solution for it im on the exeter 40987 nt id which all the same as the diagnostic screen on the tivo box, all setting in my box are the same as when i first installed it in november and was working fine till tuesday
i think were fooked until it becomes more widespread and affect the developers

And when you tried a test line was that the same?

i mean have you tried tests from other servers since your line's gone down?
If they had turned yout area off, this place would be teeming with people all posting the same thing, as it is, there's 3 or 4 lost channels, IE no different then every day of every month of the year

and from memory it was like this with the starview boxes when the tp keys stopped rolling and we had to manually update them ( i see engineers all the time in the green boxes looks like there upgrading boards inside them

i mean have you tried tests from other servers since your line's gone down?
If they had turned yout area off, this place would be teeming with people all posting the same thing, as it is, there's 3 or 4 lost channels, IE no different then every day of every month of the year
lol sorry yea i have both Bristol ones and Plymouth's as well

ive gone right back to basics on it, problem ive got is all 3 of us are all tech minded so when we seen the tuner error and couldn't scan with abm we all flashed our boxes which wiped the channels now the abm will not scan the network just comes up with tuner error before we flashed we all had channels and they worked theres a BIG lesson there in itself

im just trying the version off zgemma of atv with todays date on when ive finished ill upload a pic of the message

Last edited by a moderator:
Pablo, time to back down buddy, or that means Willo build that I use is a duff, and I know defo there’s nothing wrong with the image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, you've all flashed a duff image lol, and Plymouth and Bristol are netid's not different test lines
right different lines, cables, net ids u pillock wats the difference why coz this ids new u think im a newbie (aint paid full price for tv since sky analouge would list the boxes but theres way too many) loads of different images there all duff dont delete channels coz currently there is no way of getting them back when u wake up and u get the message ill post in 5 ure area is getting done

right different lines, cables, net ids u pillock wats the difference why coz this ids new u think im a newbie (aint paid full price for tv since sky analouge would list the boxes but theres way too many) loads of different images there all duff dont delete channels coz currently there is no way of getting them back when u wake up and u get the message ill post in 5 ure area is getting done

I see, well not really, why not install grogbuild for cable, set your netid and install your line, if it doesn't work, try a line from somewhere else. It's all straightforward

Back